Humidity

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
phototext
Andalucia.com Amigo

Humidity

Postby phototext » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:06 am

We have a damp walls problem in our house in winter. I monitor the humidity inside and out now and the house in July is at 60% and 26c outside it’s 30% usually 30c. The house is not used in summer but all water is off, ground water unlikely, 60% seems high to me. What do you think?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Humidity

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:53 pm

Our house is currently 59% humidity and the temperature indoors is 28. Outside is 30 degrees and 54% humidity. I did see something on TV that says the average indoor humidity is around 50% which surprised me, but since watching that programme I have noticed that ours is fairly consistent at around 45 - 50%. We don't have a damp house (blockwork and concrete construction, but never any damp).

I was looking at the hourly weather forecast on AEMET's site and for the first time ever, they are predicting 100% humidity overnight tonight which I don't think I've ever seen even when it's raining. It is certainly making it feel very hot.