Loose floor tiles

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Loose floor tiles

Postby Screagle » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:45 am

We have a tiled floor throughout the living quarters - terracotta style. When we first brought the property we had a lot of problems with floor tiles lifting and shattering - dangerous. The worst of it seems to have passed but we still have some areas where the tiles are no longer fixed to the floor but are not lifting.

Rather than lift and re-fix the tiles I was wondering if there was some liquid product that could be injected or introduced through the grouting between the tiles. I want to avoid raising tiles above the existing floor level so perhaps there's a low viscosity liquid product available locally that could do the job. Any suggestions much appreciated!

Saludos

ashtondav
Resident

Re: Loose floor tiles

Postby ashtondav » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:36 pm

If the issue is adhesion to the floor you can buy adhesive which you inject through and under the tile after drilling a hole in the top of the tile. I can’t remember the product but if you google permutations of your problem you will find it.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:22 pm

Thanks, ashtondav - I've watched a couple of YouTube videos from US and AU and it seems the trick is to drill into the grout lines reserving the dust then injecting an adhesive. After cleaning up the adhesive the dust is simply brushed back into the drill holes. Now to find the product...

Saludos

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:32 am

"Fix-a -floor" available on Amazon.es. Brilliant solution, does exactly what it says.

See "fixafloorworldwide.com

Parilla

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:50 am

Great shout, Parilla - according to their web-site they don't have an International Distributor in Spain so I wouldn't have found it in a shed. Google.es it is then...

Saludos!

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:07 am

Can't find it on Amazon.es now - any other suggestions?

Saludos

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:15 pm

Screagle, it is also sold on espares.es, a UK founded company sourcing all sorts of stuff. I have used them often for spare parts and found them excellent - eg ordered yesterday 4 small parts for a 2 year old Siemens oven which I was unable to source from the manufacturer, and delivery is due tomorrow.

Parilla

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:07 pm

Right you are, Parilla! To locate the product I had to visit espares.es first then search on the product name however searching for "Adhesivo Para Reparar Suelos" turns up the product on that site as well as buyspares.es. Taking into account item price and cost of delivery I'm considering buying a triple pack on Amazon.co.uk then posting it over in a tube. Not sure how that will fly with La Aduana but hope that using a Royal Mail pre-printed postage label with a customs declaration in Spanish I should be fine :think: ...

Saludos