Seedless Grapes..

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Seedless Grapes..

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:06 am

I know nothing about growing grapes.... :( ..

So..can anyone suggest a good variety of preferably seedless grapes, that we could grow in a sheltered patio enviroment ?..( Inland Granada Province )
We do have a small vine growing, given to us by a local,it produces small grapes with lots of pips/seeds, quite sweet, but have no idea what variety it is..

So any help or tips would be most welcomed...

Regards,
Gordon

Martin Page
Resident

Re: Seedless Grapes..

Postby Martin Page » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:35 am

Yes .. you can get the seed at most veveros - but you have to ask as the're under the counter

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:43 am

Martin Page wrote:Yes .. you can get the seed at most veveros - but you have to ask as the're under the counter
Are you taking the p··s Martin :wtf:

The only way you can grow seedless grapes is if you can get some buds, canes or cuttings from another grower or nursery, who has seedless grapes. Because seedless grapes have no seeds, they cannot be reproduced with seeds (obvious, isn’t it?)
Ann

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Annfoto,
Many thanks for your helpful answer, much appreciated..

Now I've got to try and track down someone who is already growing them.... :thumbup:

Regards,
Gordon...

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:20 am

I think I can help here.

A couple of years back, I got a couple of plants from a Vivero in Vineula:-take the Don Manual turn. The place is down a slope and is about 400 metres from the main road that sweeps down past the petrol station.

They were about 7 euros each and the seedless stock is grafted onto the rootstock. They had "white" and "Black". Not named varieties as such. Both mine are doing well and I had a few small bunches last year. Delicious

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Olive,
Thank you very much for that information, we will visit them as soon as possible. :thumbup:

Regards,
Gordon...

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:02 am

I bought some seedless grape plants a few years ago. I cannot remember where from. They have grown very well and produce large sweet grapes. However - they have seeds!.
I will try the viveros at Viñuela.
Graham