permiso de fuego part 2

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

permiso de fuego part 2

Postby gavilan » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:53 pm

when I try to access this topic, message comes up 'general error' ...
so to continue ... here I have more stuff to burn than in previous years ... cos we had a very hot summer and many of the shrubs died from heat exhaustion ( not allowed to water gardens) which meant I had to cut them down and hence more debris that I didnt have before ... also the canes along the river bank felt the heat/drought too ... they started growing their way into the stream channel searching for water ... if I didnt cut them down, they would choke/block what little water remained in that stream ... altho canes are really useful for various support uses in the garden, I cannot haul them up over the 3m high retaining wall ... so have to stockpile them on the stream bank ... waiting to be burnt at some time in distant future ... and I have no idea when that might be cos for the last week we have had temps in high 20s ... 30 in shade on patio ayer!!! ... not to mention the 'new improved' permiso de fuego shenanigans!
and jusr seen this
https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-c ... 47557.html

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: permiso de fuego part 2

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:01 pm

I couldn't access any thread yesterday afternoon either.

Yes I agree the weather has been mad this year. The hottest April on record and now November. I'm still in shorts and tee shirts and not needed any heating. I think it should be cooling down a bit next week but there's no rain on the horizon. We're still having to irrigate the garden which is a pain too.

Plenty of smelly bonfires around us this week.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:18 pm

and on the subject of bonfires ... tuesday morning someone had a small bonfire on the hillside opposite this place ... it wasnt windy then so no probs and after a couple of hours the bonfire was out ... mid evening same day, the wind rose ... I went to bed around 11pm and saw to my dismay, the wind had stirred up unburnt stuff on said bonfire ... and it was alight again ... as luck would have it, the wind dropped and the fire went out .. but it was a close shave!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:54 pm

gavilan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:18 pm and on the subject of bonfires ... tuesday morning someone had a small bonfire on the hillside opposite this place ... it wasnt windy then so no probs and after a couple of hours the bonfire was out ... mid evening same day, the wind rose ... I went to bed around 11pm and saw to my dismay, the wind had stirred up unburnt stuff on said bonfire ... and it was alight again ... as luck would have it, the wind dropped and the fire went out .. but it was a close shave!
We've seen that happen so many times. That's how a hill fire started a couple of Christmasses ago, they just went home and left it and at 5am there were flames coming up the hill towards us. We had to call out the bomberos and we were none too pleased with the neighbours further down the hill for leaving it. I'm hoping they had to pay for the fire engines and police who attended.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:10 am

havent filled in that form yet but been mulling it over ... and realised that 90% of the fires we have here are burnt down on the stream bank ... more space there and obviously water from remaining pools available just in case ... but there is no room on the form to explain that! ...?anyone else having trouble wwith that form?!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:30 pm

There are fires every day around us, doubt anyone fills in a form. Coming up the track yesterday through what we call the hamlet (small enclave of houses) there was a very smoky fire just at the side of the road. It looked like the man with olives opposite a holiday home had just decided to put his cuttings there on their flower bed and burn it! Another real stinker this morning filled the whole valley with smoke.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:35 pm

thanks for that comment Wicksey ... very few fires around here so far ... need to go to my local bar and hear what locals are doing ...or not ...

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:26 am

Got the fire license a few days ago. Our Ayuntamiento has everyone on the computer and they print out the forms after we give our names, NIE and poligono and parcela number. Works fine.