New printer needed

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

New printer needed

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:51 pm

Urghh .... my HP printer has stopped functioning partly due to the fact it needs Adobe to scan and that's no longer in use. The copier stopped working some time ago and now the printer is on a go-slow. It prints one line every 30 seconds :evil:

I have quite an old PC (with Win 7) that it's connected to by USB as it's not wifi. I don't want to change it for now as everything is on it and it generally works OK for what I want to do on it (using Office spreadsheets etc). I have a laptop with Win10 but tend to use the big PC for things that need printing as it has a huge screen, so I need one that can be connected via USB. I don't tend to do colour printing but want one that functions just with black ink cartridge, like my current one. I'm sure it's been discussed before , but I can't find the thread. I would like a combined copier/printer again.

Any suggestions for my long wish list :think:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: New printer needed

Postby Enrique » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Hi Wicksey.
Most modern printers are dual connection i.e WiFi and USB.

My current Printer is a Canon TS5050 it has 5 ink cartridges ....two black ones, one which is extra large for Black/White printing.

Best Google the Branded Makes ( Canon ,HP, Epson etc ) and see which fits your Budget.......... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:01 pm

I think I've got some research to do. What I don't want is one that needs loads of colour cartridges in order to work. MY HP flashes to say the colour one is missing but still works. They are fairly cheap to buy still, just don't want to spend the rest of the year setting it up :crazy:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi Wicksey,

When installing your new Printer download the latest Drivers from the Manufacture's Web site.

The WiFi setup is very easy these days using the WPS function on your wireless Router then you can print from all your devices , otherwise you could Share your USB connected Printer and still connect over your Network.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:58 pm

Wicksey wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:01 pm They are fairly cheap to buy still, just don't want to spend the rest of the year setting it up :crazy:
HP cartridges, real or copies are never cheap. Go for a canon printer as cheap compatibles are readily available. I have a Canon 7250 and can buy cartridges for less than €1 each

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:34 am

Thanks for your help!