Fibre

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Fibre

Postby LifeofBrian » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:11 pm

Hi All,

I am changing to fibre and wondered if anyone can help me choose between Lowi (Vodafone) and FOBOS. In terms of reliability, cost, security, tech back-up etc, etc,. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you so much.

LifeofBrian

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fibre

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:23 pm

Easy choice. FOBOS do not have fibre.

Sid

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:31 pm

Hi El Cid,

Thank you for your reply El Cid, very kind of you. FOBOS can provide fibre but as agents for a different company. I don't know which company that would be though.

Take care.

LifeofBrian

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Don't use any company who is an agent. Stick with the companies that own the infrastructure That should offer you a better service.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:37 pm

I would agree with that. The only time I had poor service from start to finish was with a company that used Movistar's infrastructure. I would say none are absolutely perfect but it's better to stick with the ones that actually own the system.

If available, fibre is definitely the way to go. I changed from cable to fibre about two months ago and the little niggling problems have gone such as the signal dropping for short periods.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:54 pm

Hi El Cid & markwilding,

Taken your advice with regard suppliers and signed up to Lowi/vodafone and will hopefully be connected within a few days or so. Still a little tricky getting cables etc sorted out but we seem to be on our way. Fingers crossed.

Thank you gentlemen for taking the trouble to help.

LifeofBrian