Sky viewing card

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Busymum
Resident

Postby Busymum » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:34 pm

Peachy, this was the situation with us too .... UK bank account and no problem .... but Sky have been 'cracking ' down lately and a UK address is now needed! This has just been the case since June this year ...... therefore the sky card hubby has is no problem but for me wanting one of my own it is more problematic ..... however I have found a solution over the last day or so :wink: :wink:

Busymum
I keep child proofing my house but the little blighters still get in!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:19 am

I can t really say what i want to on here,
I have heard that a certain sky man -all his clients have now stopped recieving their sky,as he had every single one of them registered to the same address.now that is silly! plus-they do not have a ref code with the bank-so they are unable to stop the payments going out either-ridiculous.
One person i know has being paying for "no sky"for approx 6 months-at 40 plus pounds a month-has been to the bank,but they have been informed with no ref number-the direct debit cannot be stopped.-they have been advised to close the account(the only way to stop the dd)They do not want to do this,but im afraid if it was me,i wouldve closed the account immediately.
:roll:

jane grant

Postby jane grant » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:42 am

Spanish Lad Free to air channels (1,2,3 etc) are fine, it's only on the card requiring channels.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:38 pm

PP Wrote - One person i know has being paying for "no sky"for approx 6 months-at 40 plus pounds a month-has been to the bank,but they have been informed with no ref number-the direct debit cannot be stopped

Hi PP - I recommend your friend goes back to his/her bank immediately as they can say they would like to cancel any DD they have to Sky and it should be done immediately.
There is no need for any reference number to be quoted, as long as they only pay the one DD to Sky, and have no other DD to Sky needed to be left open. It is a very simple procedure!
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi karandjon-the lady banks in Gibraltar-she has been into the bank and they have informed her-that with no ref number-they cannot stop the direct debit..I also told her this was wrong,but she is an intelligent woman and says this is what she has been told,they told her, to stop this money from being took-she must close the account. :shock:
apparantly every direct debit has a ref number-hers just says sky(next to the amount)and nothing else-so there is no one to trace it to(so they tell her)This is all i know on the matter,and cannot advise her anyfurther,but i know if it was me-the account would be closed immediately. :evil:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:42 pm

hi PP. There is a possibility that the DD is actually going into "a person"s account,(ie the person who she bought card from) and not into Sky´s account.
No matter what the cashier told your friend at her Bank, all she needs to do is go in, ask for a printout of her direct debits, point to the one she wants cancelled, and write "please cancel" next to it, sign it & date it, then the Bank person can go off to the computer and cancel that exact one immediately.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:45 pm

I will tell her again when i see her,but i cannot understand either why it just cannot be cancelled..sounds a little stupid to me! :shock:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:13 pm

It is a bit difficult to work up much sympathy for someone who has contracted on a falsehood (not in the UK) and then pays through an off-shore type of account, suggesting tax avoidance of some sort - or is it just me? 8)
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:40 pm

peteroldracer wrote:It is a bit difficult to work up much sympathy for someone who has contracted on a falsehood (not in the UK) and then pays through an off-shore type of account, suggesting tax avoidance of some sort - or is it just me? 8)
YES, it is just you!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:33 am

oh yes,peter its just liddle olde you! :wink:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:07 pm

yes Peter, it most definitely is just you!! :wink:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:54 pm

jane if it only does this when the card is in, i'd recomend a new card. £20 from sky themselves if you are in the uk, £20 from ebay if you are not ;)

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
anyway, anyway, love from me.