UK TV in Spain

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
burrotaxi
Andalucia.com Amigo

UK TV in Spain

Postby burrotaxi » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:40 am

I am looking to buy a new flat panel TV but the prices in Spain seem to be much higher than comparitive cost of the same in the UK. Most of the UK models come with Freeview installed. Would this cause any issue if I were to buy a UK TV and use it in Spain. Are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance
BurroTaxi

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: UK TV in Spain

Postby gerryh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:18 pm

The main issue if it it develops a fault. A long way to take it for a repair under guarantee. :(
However, I believe some manufactures will honour the guarantee in other countries. Check before buying.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:30 pm

I got a 37 inch Phillips LCD for €599, at Media Markt in Los Barrios, which is about £480, which is cheaper than the UK even with the weak Pound.

Media Markt has offers every week that they dont advertise, the week after I bought my tv they were selling 37 Inch Samsung with a PC port at the back for the same price.!!! :roll:

Last week they had 32 inch LG LCD for €444.

a

burrotaxi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby burrotaxi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:34 am

Thanks for that, had a look at their website and they seem to announce the offers that are available in store plus they seem to be opening a store in Malaga at some stage so it will be worth looking out for.
BurroTaxi