Telefonica bill, again

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Anntonio
Andalucia.com Amigo

Telefonica bill, again

Postby Anntonio » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi out there, got my bi-monthly bill and this time under 'Conceptos ocasionales' is a bill for 25 euros for Cuota por rehabilitacion servicio. Anyone explain? Cheers.
Anntonio

aquaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Telefonica bill, again

Postby aquaman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Its the charge for reconnecting, after being cut off for some reason, usually an unpaid bill, if this wasn't the case for you ring 1004 ask for english speaking person.

Anntonio
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Anntonio » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:22 pm

Thanks, been in touch with them and they agree it was their mistake, so will refund me. Just seems every bill has to be questioned, wish there was an alternative, bit like BT.

jo-ann
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jo-ann » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:27 am

I am having the same problem with telefonica, I changed my ISP to them in July, for a deal of 25 euros (approx) and free router. Every bill so far has been wrong, the router was invoiced so phoned and got that refunded and then on the last 2 bills they have charged 39 euros for the internet, phoned again and that has been refunded, when will they ever get it correct? :x

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:43 am

I have to say that I have never had a query over a Telefónica bill. Arguments about bad connections and broken cables, yes, but never a dispute over a bill. In fact, when I was without a line for about two weeks I received a generous credit for the inconvenience.
Let's go Brandon!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:33 am

I dont use their service any more, I have had two bills which where I was charged too much and it took months to get a rebate as well as incredible rudeness, added to the bill when I first asked for a line when they charged me 70 euros even though there was a line already supplied (my neighbour was charged just 30 euros!) and a few days later they took out of my account a further 90 euros, which I got back after months of frustrating phone calls. :evil:

I cant wait to get a radio phone so that I can cut them out all together :D
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

smash
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby smash » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:53 pm

Well there used to be a commercial on television and the motto was "Smile, you are in Spain!"

I've lived in many many countries throughout my life and I could easily say that Spain has the worst and the most expensive ISP's I've had to deal with. Not to mention their arrogance. I mean you sign a contract by phone and then they treat you as if you've used their own blood to sign it. It's outrageous. I have this mate that saw a tax called "anti-virus". It's hilarious and sad at the same time. Honestly the worst internet providers ever. Before I ended up in Spain I used to pay a little bit over 11 euros a month and no hidden charges or anything and that was the ISP service of my dreams-4mbps(downloading from pretty much everywhere with 4mbps). i watched every movie in existence in a few months. nostalgia kicked in recently lol

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:04 am

jo-ann wrote:I am having the same problem with telefonica, I changed my ISP to them in July, for a deal of 25 euros (approx) and free router. Every bill so far has been wrong, the router was invoiced so phoned and got that refunded and then on the last 2 bills they have charged 39 euros for the internet, phoned again and that has been refunded, when will they ever get it correct? :x
I have that deal too. No problem with the bills; they are correct, but they will not upgrade me to 6MB, quoting "technical problems" when I ask.
Funny that - all my neighbours (in the same block!) have automatically been upgraded to 6 MB - I bet they are on Telefonica's grossly expensive "normal" rates.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:09 am

at least you can get a land line,i live 10 mins from the centre of fuengirola in a built up area and me and my 10 neighbours cant(they include spanish white collar workers)
only alternative is now the best after 3 different suppliers,mercury internet and then skype
jayne countys most famous song,google it

Dixie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dixie » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:10 pm

I got connected with telefonica in May this year, with the deal free connection, free router and first month line rental free. The phone wasn't connected 5 mins, nor had i given anyone my new number when i received a call :shock: the person on the other end asked for "Central De Salou" I replied no, wrong number and they hung up, 2 minutes later another call :? and the same again, by the end of the day i had over 50 calls. We got in touch with telefonica and it turned out they had given us a number which was the same as one of the numbers used by Central de salou and said they would change it within a week :( The calls carried on for that week! We were not notified when they changed the number so family could not get through to us, finally though the calls stopped. Then came our first bill :shock: from the 2nd of may till the 28th of may our bill was 600 euros, including charges for connection, router and first months rental, which telefonica had sent me an email stating these were free! The call charges were for spanish numbers i had no idea belonged to...so again we called telefonica who told us these calls were from central de salou :?: and we had been charged for them, now how in the hell they managed this i'll never know. We were told they would investigate this and not to pay the bill, a week later a letter from them asking why the bill had not been paid :evil: So again we called them, and were told the matter was being investigated and would take up to 4 weeks to pay the bill we had :shock: I said in no uncertain terms would i pay this bill as there was not a single call i had made on that bill. Then comes another bill, for the 600 euros they stated we should pay and an additional 400 for a new bill :shock: I was literally gobsmacked by this and called telefonica again asking what was going on and where they got this bill from, I was told it was call charges for the month of june(advanced charges and calls) this is the first week in june may i add :lol: So now i owe telefonica a bill of a thousand euros and have still to make a call from this line, i ever so politley told them where to go, disconnect the line and how much of a joke their service was....WHAT A FANTASTIC COMPANY!! :shock:
To the world you are one person
To one person you are the world!

Dixie

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Priceless!

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:01 pm

But typical!
When I had my bar I would regularly be cut off becuase of a bill disputed (and allegedly resolved) the previous YEAR by a former owner.....since it was also an internet cafe it got a bit tricky and in the end we had to pay it in order to try and stay online!!!
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:01 pm

You couldn't make it up & sell it as a comedy sketch, could you?

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:51 pm

I'm sure you could....and can't you just imagine John Cleese as the irate customer??? :lol:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:28 pm

...and Andrew Sachs as Manuel the clerk who says, 'I know naaathing!'
Let's go Brandon!

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:39 pm

Not to mention Sybil as the Telefonica operator........

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:51 pm

Perhaps we could kidnap the director of Telefónica and beat him with the branch of a tree!.
Let's go Brandon!

Dixie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dixie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:19 am

I'm up for that! :lol:
To the world you are one person
To one person you are the world!

Dixie