telefonica contact

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
lucy locket
Resident

telefonica contact

Postby lucy locket » Thu May 07, 2009 11:11 pm

this is for people who dont know already the easiest way to speak to telefonica in english without waiting 3 hours or getting cut off.
when phone stops ringing say the word english quite loudly a few times they will then ask you if you need an english speaker and say yes then a human being will answer speaking english :D
Also if you have been complaining to telefonica in the last month either by phone or internet always check your bill before paying it, either by calling them or checking on line.
We complained on line as out internet has been a big problem for over a year have complained loads.
My son dealt with people on line and they actually took 100 euros off our bill :shock: but didnt tell us.
We happened to call them about something else and he said the amout which was a 100 euros less
If we had not called and just paid the 300 euro would telefonica have told us about the alteration
and given us a refund I dont think so.
How many people have been given a discount and dont even know about it. :x

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: telefonica contact

Postby spanish_lad » Thu May 07, 2009 11:20 pm

oh right so you had a 300 euro bill.. and went into the bank / postoffice with 200 and your say so that "someone on the fone had said you get 100€ off??

and they believed you??

christ what bank do you pay your bills at 8)

cant wait till next month to see if the computer cuts off your likne for being 100€ short ;)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Thu May 07, 2009 11:31 pm

think I understood what you wrote. No we phoned telefonica regarding something else and the telefonica person said the amout of the bill which was 100 euros less than what our bill said.
we then obviously queried it and found out they had knocked off 100 euros.
Paying at the post office was a headache as we have new passports with new numbers and our account is in the old number we have told them loads of times but they never changed it.
eventually we paid the bill less 100 pounds. whats wrong with that :roll:

read my post again.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu May 07, 2009 11:44 pm

nothings wrong with it at all.. and yes, i can understand what you wrote. i just know that nothing is that easy in spain.

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 am

see what I mean always questioning things. It was true and we had complained for over a year.
Maybe you go the wrong way round things. 12 years of experience helps also.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri May 08, 2009 12:13 am

lol yeah ok.. that must be it.

redsoxbrit
Resident

Postby redsoxbrit » Sat May 09, 2009 11:05 am

lucy locket wrote: No we phoned telefonica regarding something else and the telefonica person said the amout of the bill which was 100 euros less than what our bill said.
we then obviously queried it and found out they had knocked off 100 euros.
Paying at the post office was a headache as we have new passports with new numbers and our account is in the old number we have told them loads of times but they never changed it.
eventually we paid the bill less 100 pounds.
You were very lucky! We have had no end of problems with Telefonica over the last year and even when they have agreed that our bill is wrong we still have to pay the whole amount stated as the bank/post office refuse to take a lesser amount.
In fact, I paid our latest bill on Monday and yesterday received a revised bill with a credit for 20€ regarding an error on their part in November :shock: doubt if we'll ever get it now..... :roll:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 09, 2009 11:20 am

When I was without my telephone line for just over a week I claimed a refund for line rental, ADSL service and some calls which were mysteriously made from my number during the period of disconnection, which was paid without question within two weeks and was credited to my account as a separate transaction not involving my monthly bill at all.
Let's go Brandon!

redsoxbrit
Resident

Postby redsoxbrit » Sat May 09, 2009 12:46 pm

We pay our bills at the Post Office or a bank, not through our bank account as we don't want Telefonica to have free access to it - they debit easier than they credit :twisted:

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Sat May 09, 2009 1:13 pm

we had adsl problems for over a year. my son was in contact over the internet. I was suprised to get
the refund. We took our bill to the post office and paid the lesser amount as long as you have your NIE or passport number you can pay your bill. If we hadnt called telefonica about something else we probably wouldnt have even known it was less and paid the 300 euros.
We also received 40 euros from sevillana one month ago for electricity cuts we hadnt even complained but maybe someone else had and they paid everyone it affected.
Not bad for nearly 13 years of c rap from both of the above. :shock: so I quite like them both at the moment until the next problem. :!: :!:
What I said about saying english loudly when calling telefonica does actually work we have done it for years this way. we could speak spanish to them but because they are in Madrid they dont always understand. certain people think I am making it up :roll:
redsoxbrit call them and complain and they will send you a cheque we have had 2 cheques before
or tell them lucy locket will be after them :D

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Sat May 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Surely I am not the only one that when I phone telefonica 1004 its automated reply is first in Spanish and then asks in English if you would like to be attended to in English?? Often my Spanish is far better than the operators English!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 09, 2009 1:45 pm

redsoxbrit wrote:We pay our bills at the Post Office or a bank, not through our bank account as we don't want Telefonica to have free access to it - they debit easier than they credit :twisted:
Payments made by direct debit can be sent back if you do not agree with them. If you don't pay the bill Telefónica will cut you off anyway no matter how you normally pay it.
Let's go Brandon!

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 pm

pilgrim2 sometimes they leave you hanging for ages or just hang up on you. We find the way we do it we get the english speaker straight away. :D