Mobile phones: Simyo, Yoigo, or ??

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
WilliamR
Tourist

Mobile phones: Simyo, Yoigo, or ??

Postby WilliamR » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:01 pm

I am totally fed up with Orange Spain and their utterly hopeless customer service and have heard good things about a Dutch company called Simyo who offer mobile and internet services in Spain (ironically using the Orange infrastructure that seems to work quite well where I live).

Has anyone used Simyo? Another option might be Yoigo, though Wikipedia reports that some people never got the promised refund on handsets that they were promised.

Any feedback or other suggestions gratefully received.

WR

toyotadesigner
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Mobile phones: Simyo, Yoigo, or ??

Postby toyotadesigner » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Telefonica/Movistar prepaid. Grab a mobile phone at evilbay, get a SIM card, drop it in. Movistar features the best coverage in Spain. Try to avoid Vodafone - it's an endless hassle with them.
Just my 2 cents...
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

pete_l
Resident

Re: Mobile phones: Simyo, Yoigo, or ??

Postby pete_l » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:08 pm

OK, I'm bumping this topic just to see if there's (now) any more information about SIMYO. has anyone used them and got their quoted €5 a month for 500MB 3g connection