Best deals for broadband

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Julie
Andalucia Guru

Best deals for broadband

Postby Julie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:30 am

Anyone like to comment on best long term deals being offered at the moment for broadband, we do already have telefonica Thanks
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Laslomas
Resident

Re: Best deals for broadband

Postby Laslomas » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:12 am

This is a subject I am interested in too.
I am with Telefonica and seem to be paying a fortune every month just for the line and ADSL (I use another supplier for calls.) I posted a new topic on this forum on Thursday this week for information on Europa Network as their adverts and website prices seem very good. But I am not so sure now as I emailed a couple of queries to them 6 days ago now and again 2 days ago and have had no response at all. This has made me re-think the situation with this company. So any other recommendations from personal experience will be very welcome. So far there have been no comments to my thread so I will join with Julie on this one.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi,
If you search on the Forum there was a post/posts last year on switching from Telefonica to other suppliers.

A few suppliers come to mind...........

http://www.btinspain.com/

http://www.direct-telecom.es/broadband-overview.asp

http://www.broadband4spain.com/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby SpanishBlue » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Julie / Laslomas - Why not ring Telefonica on 1004 and threaten to leave them. That's what I did, and I was given a 3MB connection for €28 for life.

I was also offered another option, can't remember what now, but it was something like 10MB for around €30, but only for 9 months.

If they don't offer you a cheaper deal, hang up and try again later as it seems to depend on who you speak to.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Best to stick with the devil you know!
Let's go Brandon!

lojaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lojaman » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Try Telitec.22 euros a month for 1mb.Avoid europa network.They never answer e mails.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Still happy with BT Arrakis. It's around €58 a month for 3Mb. This also includes line rental (bye bye telefonica) and free calls in Spain.

(Helpline in English if you prefer)

Speed test ......

Dave

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:48 am

I phoned telefonica 1004 saying I wanted cheaper internet, what could they offer, they offered me 1mb for 29 euros, I said i did not think that would be sufficient for me and I would think about it, I then had a call from telefonica, they have reduced my lina basica to 4.3394 and Ajuste cuota ADSL Economico 3mb is 4.00 (+ IVA of course) and I pay 37.90 Duo this was back in November. This has educed my ph bill by about 30 euros a month. :D

However they did upset me this month by taking the payment directly from my bank account, when I phoned them they said I could not have ADSL without giving them my bank details but - when I had may adsl installed 6 yrs ago I was with a different bank??? Thye have assured me they wont do it again I can continue to pay as before.....so i wait and see.

AndyT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AndyT » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:56 am

Still happy with my 10mb (uncapped) ADSL Vodafone connection - 39€ a month, no line rental and free calls to Spanish landlines :thumbup:

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

My OH tried to sort something with Telefonica today. Rang 1004 and said that our monthly payment of €39.90 + €5.00 (Maintenance) + IVA for 1mb ADSL was much too high compared with other companies and surely they had something better they could offer us as we have been with them for over 6 years now? The answer was that this could not be dealt with on 1004 as ADSL is dealt with on another number and they do not have any english speakers on this.
May try it later, or try 1004 again as suggested by SpanishBlue. How long ago was it that you received the opportunity to upgrade to 3mb for €28.00 SpanishBlue?

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm

I am now applying to alternative providers, will be interesting to see whether Telefonica can block it as my actual line and the one I would be transferring is of course fully paid up, I shall throw a party if I end up free of them......but I am not holding my breath

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby SpanishBlue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:55 pm

Laslomas wrote:May try it later, or try 1004 again as suggested by SpanishBlue. How long ago was it that you received the opportunity to upgrade to 3mb for €28.00 SpanishBlue?
It was last June I changed over to 3mb for €28. Prior to that I was paying €41 for 6mb.

A friend of mine had to phone 1004 three or four times before he got hold of someone who agreed to move him on to a cheaper tariff.

http://www.surinenglish.com/20090528/ne ... 81746.html

The above link is a bit old now, but it was what alerted me in the 1st place.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:23 pm

I can recommend Broadband4Spain (Enrique gives the link above, although I see they are re-designing their website) . We pay 29 euros a month, nothing when we are in England. Internet connection is very fast.

Here is my original thread, you will see I also recommend Accurate Direct Solutions for t.v. installation.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=18348