Television Channels

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
muchosgatos

Television Channels

Postby muchosgatos » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Heres hoping someone can help me! I currently live on the Costa Blanca and hope to move near Malaga in a month or so. Here, UK TV is provided as a repackaged service. Sky is not an option. The package I currently have includes all the main UK channels (BBC 1-4, ITV 1-4, all the 4's, 5), Sky News, and quite a few Spanish (and Arabic) channels which show English language programmes with Spanish adverts. These include Fox, Calle 13, MBC as well as History etc. My current provider does not broadcast so far west, but I want to keep essentially what I have (Fox is a MUST - it's the best channel I've ever come across!) Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to go to a Spanish provider (if so, who?) or can it be done via a box (if so what?). Thanks for any ideas and advice.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Television Channels

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Signal strength from Astra is better on the Costa del Sol than the Costa Blanca. If you have room a 1,8m dish will get you all the channels you want. There are many installers locally. Everyone has their favourite.
Let's go Brandon!

pmb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Television Channels

Postby pmb » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:46 pm

It sounds like that system is one of those re-broadcasting systems via an aerial rather than a dish. I don't think there are any down on the CDS unless any knows different.