bussiness profiles

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
rightbackmark
Tourist

bussiness profiles

Postby rightbackmark » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:02 pm

hi guys
im new so be gentle

any advise on the best way to advertise a web business, its a jungle out there

mark

hiker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: bussiness profiles

Postby hiker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Mowser has a point but leaving that aside, I can get you a plug on a local radio station in Nerja for a reasonable rate.
Send me a PM and I'll follow it up for you.
putting the "ANDA" into Andalucía..:)

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:41 pm

If there was any guaranteed formula for making a web business a success, we'd all be rich. Sadly there isn't. The key seems to be to get into the "top 10" of the search engine results for the sort of business you're in - then wait and wait and wait (while spending 25 hours a day keeping your website fresh and relevant to fend off all the other web-entrepreneurs who also want a top 10 spot.)
However getting into the top 10 is very, very difficult. According to Google, the best way is to have LOTS of relevant content, that a lot of high-profile websites link to (or failing that, millions - literally: millions) of "normal" people link to.
Of course that takes time, monkey and writing skills. You could try buying "adwords" and taking out banner advertisments, but the good ones cost a lot and still don't guarantee success.

So far as getting the spilling right - I wouldn't worry too much. There are billions of people out there who have english as a second or third language and would never be mistaken for an Oxford professor. They still make as much success of websites as those with perfect grammar. It's the content that counts - though if you misspell your keywords, that won't help.

rightbackmark
Tourist

Postby rightbackmark » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks Pete

We are doing all those things and we are currently making two to three sales per day
which we are very happy with.

regards

rbm

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:18 am

In my opinion
Your website looks as if were designed 10 years ago. If I were you, I'd get a new designer.

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 am

rightbackmark wrote:Have a look at the site , would appreciate your feedback
Leaving aside the aesthetics which is too subjective to comment on, the site appears to have all the "bits" you'd expect: easy navigation, online ordering, pictures of products etc.
There are, really, two factors that matter: how many people visit your site and what proportion of them buy your wares (and from which web pages). You already know what you sell, so the other thing to do is investigate your visitors and how good your site is at attracting them.
What I'd suggest you look into is checking how your potential customers GET to your site. See who links to it (and therefore will push customers to you). Also investigate which search terms are used by your visitors to find you and what keywords the crawlers get from your site.
Get yourself a Google "webmasters" account and configure it to report on your site to see how the rest of the 'net sees you. Also sign up for Google analytics to check your "bounce rate" and get more insight into your visitors: such as which pages they visit most. You can also set some "goals" such as sales, views etc. and than get Google to show you how visits are converted into sales.