New contract with Telefonica

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

New contract with Telefonica

Postby markwilding » Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

I was quite surprised today when I got a call from Telefonica offering me a better deal after my existing deal runs out at the end of the month.
The reason I was surprised was because of some posters in the forum have posted that Telefonica wouldn't reduce the price to one that is competitive with other operators.
I am very happy with the deal they have offered and that they phoned me, which has saved me the effort of doing it myself.
The deal price is 48 euros something inc VAT for line and ADSL as a complete package
I'm currently paying 25.90, ADSL plus 14.47,line plus VAT ...Total 51.45

By the way I've noticed from my most recent bill that Telefonica has rebranded itself Movistar

Kamila
Resident

Re: New contract with Telefonica

Postby Kamila » Tue May 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi, can you tell me if you've notice any difference in the service since the changed to Movistar? The reason I am asking you is because we are thinking of changing to Telefonica.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue May 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Only the name on the paperwork has changed - it will be the same rubbish customer service as it always has been.

Sid

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Some people have posted in the past about getting reduced rates from Telefonica and then found it was only reduced for a couple of months, then reverted to the old rate.

It may not happen but keep an eye on the bills.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Ok I've just called Telefonica to confirm the cost of the contract I have with them All correct and it's for one year.