32" TV (world cup approaches)

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: 32" TV (world cup approaches)

Postby markwilding » Fri May 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi boblocksmith :wave:
That's why I have insurance

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Sun May 30, 2010 3:21 pm

The problem with 32" HD is that you don't really appreciate the HD unless the screen is 12" from your eyes.

I reckon you need a minimum of 37" to appreciate HD and preferably 40" +

Oh, and i had the opportunity to watch some soccer on the new 3D TVs. Waste of space. OK when the players were walking on the pitch, or a close up of fans but during the action - waste of space!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:43 pm

So far I'm pleasaed with the TV, but I do have a question if anyone out there has a Samsung. There are many films where the original language is English. It's simple enough to change the language, but I thought I'd be able to make the beast DEFAULT to original language. So far I have to change the language each time. Suggestions?
Dave

pmb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pmb » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:29 pm

We don't have two different language soundtracks in England (afaik) (can't comment about Scotland or Wales) on digital terrestrial tv. Had a look at my Samsung and there is some kind of audio option using the tools button on the remote. You may be able to select it via that way. I watch certain satellite channels that have English as a second audio but they are not there 100% of the time so it may be a similar scenario.