Satellite Box

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Satellite Box

Postby alicia » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help. Our Worldsat Maestro 1000 Satellite remote control is broken so whilst in UK I bought a 4-device Universal Remote Control from Asda. In the little booklet that came with the new remote, it gives you all the brand names of the satellite/TV/DVD/etc and the codes that go with each brand. I have tried the three codes listed against the satellite Receiver Box we have, ie. "Worldsat Maestro" and none of them seem to work. I don´t suppose anyone would know the "code" would they or have a similar system. I have looked on the Internet but nothing seems to come up when I put in "Worldsat Maestro" so I am not even sure where it is made or anything.

I would be really grateful for any help.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Satellite Box

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Sorry I can't help specifically but these "universal" remotes are usually pretty useless as they are so many devices out there, all with different codes, that you rarely will get one that works.

The solution is a more expensive one that has a learn function - you just point one at the other and press the relevant keys and it learns and stores the correct signal.

The one I have controls up to eight devices and you can program which keys to display. It even turns the aircon on and off.

Google "programmable remote control".

Sid

alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Satellite Box

Postby alicia » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Thanks El Cid. Yes, I suppose you are right. I just thought maybe........the new remote would do the job though and although I shouldnt be, I would be fibbing if I said that I wasnt just a little disappointed that my new Universal remote control doesnt work. :?