A bit of urgent ebay help again please.

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

A bit of urgent ebay help again please.

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:08 am

You sorted me last time . :thumbup:

I've got a lot of items finishing later today.............I stated UK bidders only, but as expected numpties are now bidding from Europe,Australia and the states even though I said contact me before bidding if you are overseas.

I want to put a big red letter anouncement on a certain heavy listing to express this now, but again can't find a way to do it as auction is live and has bids :think: ...................I've seen other peoples listings with "additional info" listed after bids have been placed so how do I do that please?

Help as always appreciated guys,

Many thanks once more, I'm in a rush on this one.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

.Griff.
Resident

Re: A bit of urgent ebay help again please.

Postby .Griff. » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:24 pm

This is of little use now but next time you can select certain "buyer requirements" and block people from bidding if they are not within areas you've listed as posting items to.

To edit a current listing do this -

Code: Select all

To edit listings:

Go to My eBay.

Click the Selling link on the left side of the page.

Optional: To narrow the types of listings you want to edit, use the Shop Category and Format drop-down menus at the top of the page.

In the Active Selling section, select the listings you want to revise, and then click the Edit button.

On the Edit Listings page, choose the information or details you want to edit.

Select the Edit listings individually button to apply changes to a single listing or the Edit listings in bulk button to make the same changes to all the listings you selected.

Click the Continue button.

Revise the listings and click the Continue button.

Note: The information you can change depends on whether you’ve received any bids and the amount of time left for your listing.

Review your changes on the Review your listing page. To make any additional changes, click the Back button.

Click the Submit button.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Griff :thumbup: I will certainly use the exclusion feature next time, thanks for that, although I thought AREAS POSTED TO = UK may have sufficed :? ....obviously not. Anyhow I mailed one guy back who bid from Portugal that it was UK only but I would post to his country at a higher rate..........he mailed back saying I was ripping him off :twisted: ........I was not making a penny out of it. So I mailed him back,cancelled his bid and told him to swivel.

Guys like this could snipe at the last second when they're told not to bid then leave bad feedback because items are not sent at UK postal rates................the feature you mention will now solve this for the next batch, cheers Griff.

As for editing, I followed what you said but still could not add anything. Maybe too late?

As I say I see guys add a note or two after the main and original description......it usually says added information 0n 2/10/02 7.45pm etc. Couldn't find the facility for that.

Anyhow many thanks for the lift there mate. :thumbup:

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Once you are past a certain deadline, (is it 24 or 48 hours before the end of the auction) no further editing of an advert is allowed.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:You sorted me last time . :thumbup:

I've got a lot of items finishing later today.............I stated UK bidders only, but as expected numpties are now bidding from Europe,
The UK is in Europe :wave: :wave:
Why are you restricting sales to UK only?
It annoys me intensely when I try to bid on something from here in Spain to be told they will only post to a UK address.
Rant over

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:07 pm

gerryh wrote: The UK is in Europe :wave: :wave:
Why are you restricting sales to UK only?
Very observant, the UK is in Europe.......problem is the Ad says will post to "UK only" so it seems to confuse a few on mainland Europe what that means, you included it seems.

As for the second point, seeing as you ask here goes.

All the parts are for British Classic cars and call me silly but I'd rather them stay here in the UK. Coupled with that foreigners seem to want you to post things with carriers they specify at a price they specify. Well sorry but they can go and get stuffed, it's Royal mail or nowt. A guy from the states wants a piece that is 300g too heavy for small packets, I quoted him 23 quid as a favour which is post office cost not mine and he had a moan about the cost too, telling me to use some other carrier I'd never heard of..........he got told to *beep* off too :evil:

If someone is polite from overseas and really wants a part I'm ok with it as long as they mail me before bidding and accept the postage fee I state.................these idiots dive in to a "UK only" auction and want a dashboard sending to Australia for the 7 quid which I'd quoted for uk delivery.

Rant over :D

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanks white horse :thumbup: , I now realise that.....too late :wtf:

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Did you get your gaming PC sorted DA?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:40 pm

No Griff not yet. Whilst I'm stuck on here swatting foreign bidders for the next 2 hours I've posted new downgraded spec on original thread for you to have a peep if you don't mind.

Jeez, really will have to get my act together for the next Ebay batch............can't be doing with sitting here scrutinizing bids every bloody Sunday :twisted: I've cocked this one up good style :thumbdown:

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:00 pm

You may already know about this DA but I use this when creating my auctions - http://pages.ebay.co.uk/turbo_lister/

It makes life a lot easier and setting the "buyer requirements" is so easy with this tool.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Just coming back to this again, and the point that ebay has made it very awkward for sellers now, with removing a sellers right to leave truthfull feedback in the event of a dispute.

My last batch of sales went OK apart from one. An American bids on an item. I email him as usual and say it's UK only, and explain price is high for delivery to USA as object although small is bloody heavy.

He emails me back and asks how much, I reckons up on the Royal Mail site at 25 quid which I tell him.

He wins the auction then asks how much he should pay :roll: ............errrr end price plus 25 quid.

That's it, he starts accusing me of ripping him off, I could see where this was leading........bad feedback for no reason and no deterrent to combat this.

I eventually copy and pasted royal mails page of prices and and the weight of his item..............he backed off and paid eventually with a decent email attached.....but why do you need to go through this just because of this blackmail weapon Ebay have given to all buyers.

If he hadn't been a reasonable bloke after all he could have just lied and left bad feedback, and as I say with nothing to fear by doing it.......bit one sided :thumbdown: , plus I've just realised each sale is being charged fees of 15%....jeez that's jumped since I last used it, very expensive.

Anyone want any classic car bits here to save me the commission charges? :mrgreen:

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 pm

gerryh wrote: It annoys me intensely when I try to bid on something from here in Spain to be told they will only post to a UK address.
Rant over

Gerry
I have heard that a lot of companies won't post to Spain because a) parcels sent by normal mail can take a long time to be delivered and b) Correos don't have the facility to track mail.

Whether b) is correct or not I don't know, but a) certainly is. Now uncommon for parcels to take 30 days to arrive
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!