ITV HD on Freesat ...problems

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Martin Page
Resident

ITV HD on Freesat ...problems

Postby Martin Page » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi guys

Has anybody seen that ITV are not transmitting HD Dolby stereo any more on Freesat - however you can get it on non-freesat ... whats going on ?

Is it possible to edit the non-freesat setting to the freesat setting

Martin Page
Resident

Re: ITV HD on Freesat ...problems

Postby Martin Page » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:26 pm

For what ever reason .... ITV-HD when set on Granada Post code on my Humax Foxsat used the frequency 10.936 v 22000 5/6
which isnt HD or Dobly Digital

I have now changed the post code to a Middlesex (LONDON) and ITV-HD frequency has defaulted to 10.832 H 22000 5/6 wich is full HD and Dolby Digital (and can record it as well)

The Ive swapped the BBC London for BBC NW on the options, since I want the 'local' news from in the UK

Sorted

Perhaps some bright spark might like to tell me why one frequency for ITV - HD... is, or isnt HD

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:26 am

Martin Page wrote:For what ever reason .... ITV-HD when set on Granada Post code on my Humax Foxsat used the frequency 10.936 v 22000 5/6
which isnt HD or Dobly Digital

I have now changed the post code to a Middlesex (LONDON) and ITV-HD frequency has defaulted to 10.832 H 22000 5/6 wich is full HD and Dolby Digital (and can record it as well)

The Ive swapped the BBC London for BBC NW on the options, since I want the 'local' news from in the UK

Sorted

Perhaps some bright spark might like to tell me why one frequency for ITV - HD... is, or isnt HD
Martin - how do you find the frequency setting for a particular channel on a Humax box?
Graham

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:22 am

Whilst tuned to the channel you want to check press the button OPT+. This will show you the channel and programme plus the frequency, polarisation, symbol rate and forward error correction.
Let's go Brandon!