Another Humax question

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
country boy
Andalucia Guru

Another Humax question

Postby country boy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:32 am

I just know this has been asked before but I've searched and can't find it so herewith again please :oops:
My Foxsat box closed itself down the other night while it was in the middle of recording a film while we were in bed. The message said something to the effect" This box will close down in one minute...yes or no" Of course we were in bed so how do I stop it doing that FOREVER please?

casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Another Humax question

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:34 pm

There is a sleep timer that you can enable in the settings menu. You didn't accidently set that to turn the box off at a pre determined time did you.

Check that this is set to disableed.
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:52 pm

Are you absolutely sure it was actually recording?

Normally if it is in standby mode or has been set top sleep it will always make a scheduled recording.

Was it a scheduled recording or had you used the manual record option?

Sid

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Manual record Sid, we were watching the aforesaid movie and decided that it was worth watching so I just put Disc in and started recording while we were still watching and then we went to bed at about midnight, we got all the rest of it save for the last 20 minutes or so whenthe humax announced it was closing down ( displayed on the recording as described)....grrrrr
If I knew how to get a screen shot off a dvd and put it on here I could show you the message.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 pm

I thinks that's the problem. If it goes into standby it will kill the recording.

There are two menu options you can look at. Under "Time" you can set a power off time. Make sure that is disabled.

Under "Other" you can change the standby settings. You can disable standby but if the box doesn't go into standby it cant do it's housekeeping routines and download updates at about 3am.

If you had a power off time set for about the time it stopped recording then that's what caused it.

If it wasn't that then it seems it will go into standby when it is a manual recording. I was under the impression that it wouldn't do that.

Check what the power off was set at and get back.

Sid

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:30 pm

casita-bonita wrote:There is a sleep timer that you can enable in the settings menu. You didn't accidently set that to turn the box off at a pre determined time did you.

Hi Casita...it was enabled so I have "Killed" it. All this has suddenly happened after three years trouble free use so it must have re-set itself :evil:

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:15 pm

Out of interest which model Humax box are we talking about?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Humax Foxsat HDR

Sid

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:56 pm

That's the one Sid. I've turned off the sleep mode and tonite I will leave it recording when we go to bed and see what happens! Thanks all!! :thumbup:
PS Anyone see the end of Panic Room with Jodie Foster? What happened? :lol:

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:12 pm

country boy wrote: PS Anyone see the end of Panic Room with Jodie Foster? What happened? :lol:

http://www.imdb.com is a great website for anything to do with films and tv programs, a Panic Room synopsis is here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258000/synopsis

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 am

Thanks for that Chunky, I reckon we only missed about ten minutes worth...quite a good film, I'm a fan of Jodie Foster...cheers :thumbup:

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:42 am

country boy wrote:
casita-bonita wrote:There is a sleep timer that you can enable in the settings menu. You didn't accidently set that to turn the box off at a pre determined time did you.

Hi Casita...it was enabled so I have "Killed" it. All this has suddenly happened after three years trouble free use so it must have re-set itself :evil:

Maybe it was one of these updates like the one that has screwed up the EPG :-)
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:45 am

casita-bonita wrote: Maybe it was one of these updates like the one that has screwed up the EPG :-)
Downloading updates is optional.

Also you can always go back and install the previous version if you don't like the new one.

Sid

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:57 am

Well the good news is that the fix worked and we had a full dvd's worth of recording after midnight...sin interruption! Excellent...boxes do get ticked and un-ticked, seems to be a fact of life. I hope God's computer still dosen't have a tick in the box next to my name yet :lol: