Mobile repairs.

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Mobile repairs.

Postby mhic » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:06 am

Anyone know of a mobile phone repair shop in the Velez Malaga area?

Mhic.

quebin
Resident

Re: Mobile repairs.

Postby quebin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:01 pm

There is a little shop on Camino Viejo De Malaga,Velez Malaga,opposite the modern church.It repairs,unlocks and sells second hand phones.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks I'll give them a try. Telefonica tell me it's not repairable because the fault was caused by water, the phone was on the kitchen work top at the time so it must have been a very small amount of water.

Mhic.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:15 pm

If you take the battery out and leave the case open in a warm place for a day or so, it may revive. This often works.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 am

Tried that a couple of weeks ago Chunky monkey, nada! €140.00 wasted, daft buying it anyway never used the thing far to technical and fussy. Bought a simple phone only from Jovitel in Eroski, a two for one offer €19.00 they'll do everything I need but if the fancy one can be repaired it'll do as a spare.

Mhic.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:38 am

House insurance? I know mine is covered by house insurance.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Tried that Frank but €600+worth of insurance with Mapfre through Solbank doesn't cover accidents in the kitchen apparently.

Mhic.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:27 pm

[quote="mhic"]Tried that Frank but €600+worth of insurance with Mapfre through Solbank doesn't cover accidents in the kitchen apparently.

Mhic.[/quote]

That's a bummer! My house insurance is half that, and they repaired a camera lens I dropped, (out of the house), nearly a £1,000 worth a damage, without any problems. Mind you, that's UK.
Regards, Frank

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Well I won't be renewing next month.

Mhic.

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Next time buy one of the "indiscructable" phones like the JCB thing........

I used to get through at least two phones a year, working in mostly rural Morocco. Got the JCB and it's the best phone I'v ever had . Massive bat life, enjoys being underwater, loves dirt n muck..........and best of all.........it makes and receives phonecalls!

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:24 pm

mhic wrote:Tried that Frank but €600+worth of insurance with Mapfre through Solbank doesn't cover accidents in the kitchen apparently.

Mhic.

If the phone got wet in another room of your house would the insurance have covered it?

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 pm

I asked that as well in a roundabout way, no again.

Mhic.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 am

Leave the phone out and hope someone steals it. You can then report a theft.
Dave

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:44 pm

[quote="Mowser"]Leave the phone out and hope someone steals it. You can then report a theft.[/quote]
You'd have to be very careful what you tell them, and you'd need to check out the small print first! :D
For insurance purposes there are three types of "stealing" in Spain, atracar, robar and hurtar. If you simply leave something lying around unattended, like a phone or car keys, and there is no force used, they simply pick it up and wander off, many policies do not cover for "hurto". You'd need to tell tell someone broke in, or assaulted you and grabbed your phone. Same with the OP, he was too honest!

"¿Robo y Hurto es lo mismo?
No es lo mismo. Robar es apoderarse de la cosa ajena mediante el uso o empleo de fuerza o violencia sobre las personas o cosas, mientras que Hurtar es sin el uso o empleo de esta. Hay aseguradoras que no dan cobertura en el caso de Hurto"-
Regards, Frank

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:57 pm

If you simply leave something lying around unattended ... and there is no force used ... many policies do not cover for "hurto".
Wait till somebody steals your phone, then punch yourself in the mouth.
Sorted! :thumbup:
Dave

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:33 pm

I had my purse stolen out of my handbag in Mercadona just after Christmas. I was told the insurance company would only pay out if violence was used!
Very different from the UK :thumbdown:

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:00 pm

[quote="murbisa"]I had my purse stolen out of my handbag in Mercadona just after Christmas. I was told the insurance company would only pay out if violence was used!
Very different from the UK :thumbdown:[/quote]
Yes, that's common, I'm afraid, your case would come under "hurto". I speak with a guy from Asturias that runs an insurance office and we have discussed this before, seems they operate quite different from UK. Seems some do cover, but the majority don't. But they are happy to take your money, just the same! :D
Regards, Frank

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Making a false claim on an insurance policy is a criminal offence and pushes up the cost of insurance.The members who condone such a practice are criminals and should be ashamed of themselves.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:42 am

quebin wrote:Making a false claim on an insurance policy is a criminal offence and pushes up the cost of insurance.The members who condone such a practice are criminals and should be ashamed of themselves.
First of all, condoning an action by others does not make a person a criminal. I don't think shame comes into it.

In my view insurance companies by their very nature are morally corrupt and will fleece a claimant at every opportunity. I have a friend who was a Loss Adjuster with a major UK insurance company and they freely admit is was their job to wriggle out of paying a claim if at all humanly possible. Their job was to find a 'technicality' where a claim could be voided.

Who's the real criminal?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 am

I think that when Mowser suggested
"Wait till somebody steals your phone, then punch yourself in the mouth"
there is a slight possibility that he was joking.