Peak, Off-peak times

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Peak, Off-peak times

Postby Stoker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi

Can anyone tell me what the peak/off-peak times are for making phone calls in Spain?

Many Thanks

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Peak, Off-peak times

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 am

It depends upon your tariff, if you mean mobiles: we recently bought new 'phones for Movistar, paid 10€ fee each to nominate the UK as our chosen non-Spain country, and get half-price calls all weekends and any day from 8pm to 8am - or something like that! No-one in the shop told us there was this option, we had to find out elsewhere - which probably was on A.com!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:59 am

If you have land line charges in mind, the tariffs are here:(in Spanish):

http://tinyurl.com/cmhtm8r

I think that the charges are based first, on whether the call is within a Metropolitan area (presumably places like Madrid, Barcelona etc) or within the Province (e.g. Malaga etc) or between Provinces (e.g. from Malaga to Cordoba) or International.

The Normal rates for each are :- Tarifa Normal: M - F. 8-22 h. y Sat. 8-14 h.(no festivos nacionales) Tarifa Reducida: Resto

Sorry to be a bit vague because although I have a land line, I get free calls within Spain included in the basic rental agreement.

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks for your replies.

I had read somewhere that when calling 902 numbers - which I believe can be expensive - that there were different rates applicable during peak and off-peak times but the article didn't say what these timebands are. I think at home in the UK peak would be 8:00 am to 8:00pm but I wasn't sure if the same would apply in Spain. I don't see any reference in these tariffs to peak or off-peak so maybe the concept doesn't apply in Spain.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Have you read the link I gave above? Click on "Resumen de Precios y Tarifas" and then on the latest PDF document therein. Page 6 gives full details of all costs of using the various "premium" numbers including 902 numbers. According to the info on that page, the Normal tariff applies between 8-20hrs Monday to Friday (excluding National Holidays) and the reduced tariff for all other times.

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:43 am

Many Thanks Masterob for pointing me in the right direction.

I had looked under "Numeros Novecientos" which I thought was the most appropriate for a 902 number but didn't see any reference to peak/off-peak times.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:29 pm

The tariffs are printed in small blue type at the bottom of the 900 series list.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Take a look at localphone web site, its great, so cheap and easy to use :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.