Film Download

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Footprint
Resident

Film Download

Postby Footprint » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 am

Buenas dias

I have recently joined 'Filmous' on recommendation from a friend. He uses an applemac and when showing me how to download he picked an option 'downthemall' or some such name.

I am using a Dell - Windows 7 - and when I click 'download' I do not get the same options. I will have to go through it more carefully to ensure I am completing the right steps. My question is - which download software do you use?

Many thanks in anticipation............
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Film Download

Postby Enrique » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 am

Hi Footprint,

FDM..Free Download Manager....is the one I use :D

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Downthemall is another Firefox Download manager....have used it but prefer above....
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:10 am

Hi Enrique

That's great - thank you. Have that open now so will download and use that.

See no point in paying for software if the free stuff works well. Not going to use it that often but wanted to download some things to watch on the ferry - keep my mind off being on a boat! :thumbdown:
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 am

Does FILMOUS charge individually for each film download and what are the costs? I see that the web site is registered to an office in Limassol but linked to perhaps server in Russia. Are the films legally authentic ones and not Torrent type ones?

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:54 am

[quote="flan_taster"] Are the films legally authentic ones and not Torrent type ones?[/quote]

Does anyone in Spain do it legally?
"Según un estudio, los internautas españoles son los que más se descargan ilegalmente música y películas de Internet."
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:33 pm

flan_taster wrote:Does FILMOUS charge individually for each film download and what are the costs? I see that the web site is registered to an office in Limassol but linked to perhaps server in Russia. Are the films legally authentic ones and not Torrent type ones?
Films are 1.50USD. You just add funds to your account - minimum is 29.99USD and they give you a bonus amount on top of that.

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:04 pm

frank wrote:
flan_taster wrote: Are the films legally authentic ones and not Torrent type ones?
Does anyone in Spain do it legally?
"Según un estudio, los internautas españoles son los que más se descargan ilegalmente música y películas de Internet."
Just testing the Quote tool as it does not appear to be working for the above. And yes - anything goes in Spain, as everybody knows, until the authorities wake up and then mete out retribution usually retroactively and drastically.