Samsung Galaxy something or other

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Footprint
Resident

Samsung Galaxy something or other

Postby Footprint » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:15 am

Hi - hoping you 'techie' guys (or gals) can help me

I have the above phone - think it is the S2 (can't remember where the box is). When I am away I tend to charge the phone through the laptop and as a result it will not now charge using the ordinary charger. Have scrolled through all the screens but cannot see anything useful. I know when I unplug it from the laptop it says something about saving the charger settings.

I must admit I do just pull the lead out instead of 'ejecting' it - could this be the reason?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Samsung Galaxy something or other

Postby gerryh » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:36 pm

I don't have a Samsung Galaxy but I have a HTC desire also running the Android OS.
Whebn you connect your phone to your PC it asks how you would like to connect, Charge only or Disk Drive or USB tethering etc.You probably selected Charge only and this was remembered.
This only applies when you connect your phone to your PC.
It has no relevance for charging via an external charger.
If you can't charge this way then I would suggest there is a fault with the lead or the charger or no power at the mains socket it is plugged into.
However it could be a dirty connection. Try cleaning the charger USB plug, with it unplugged from the mains.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks Gerry - I will try that. Only bought it in March so the charger shouldn't be beggared yet - or so you would think.

Interestingly - or not - I wanted an i-phone but OH said no have the Samsung. He then went and bought himself an HTC! Couldn't work that one out but I guess they all do the same job one way or another.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 am

Try using the charger from his HTC.
All chargers should be standard now irrespective of the make of phone.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:45 am

Good idea Gerry - he isn't home from Saudi until end November so will try it then.

Cheers :thumbup: