Has anyone actually lost their TV signal yet?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Has anyone actually lost their TV signal yet?

Postby El Cid » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 pm

No problem on our Humax.

Try doing a manual rescan.

Sid

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 pm

IF the box is not booting, then check everytihng - including cabling and dish alignment and LNB. SOmetimes a power on and off helps.
All the freesat stuff (software epg) comes form only one frequency - but from what I can see no changes to frequenices yet.

Maybe it was doing a bit of housekeeping - in preparation for the three new channels that will appear on your freesat epg tomorrow:

144 - Pick TV
145 - Challenge
202 - Sky News

So you no longer have to go into nonfreesat mode for them
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:30 am

returned from uk last night, sky working perfectly when I left on friday, unpluged box before I went and now no satelite signal being received. I have tried changing frequency to 12050 but still nothing, but dont know if I am doing it right any help out there before I call in sat guy thanks.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 am

gina59 wrote:returned from uk last night, sky working perfectly when I left on friday, unpluged box before I went and now no satelite signal being received. I have tried changing frequency to 12050 but still nothing, but dont know if I am doing it right any help out there before I call in sat guy thanks.
There is nothing wrong with freq 12050 v - the half a dozen or so channels (Turners channels like CNN) on that frequency are still there.

BAsic Sky box: services 4 0 1 select 2 input frequency, save settings, sky button, wait for the info banner at the bottom of the screen to populate with information baout sky channel 998 (but you may not actually receive channel 998), try sky news.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 am

In other news, a few channels are reported to have moved to the new satellite - if you are unsure if you can receive the signals from the new satellite check your reception of channel five - whoch is on one of the frequencies reported to have moved.
Last edited by satandpcguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 am

Thanks have tried that but all that happens is the no satelite signal is being received banner comes up again.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:51 am

No signal received for Channel 5 at 8.50 this morning. Oh dear!
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:53 am

C4HD has gone as well. Our ITV channel (Meridian) is OK but some of the other regions have gone.

Sid

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:02 am

I've still got all the 4's , 5, 5+1 , 5*, 5*+1, etc. All appear to be on the same frequency, 10.964
Todos somos Lorca.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:02 am

STV is OK for now here. That's on a Sky box. Will be able tomcheck Freesat box at other house at the weekend.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 am

Just checked.
Channel 5 has dissapeared from my Sky box but is still available on my Humax.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:08 am

gus-lopez wrote:I've still got all the 4's , 5, 5+1 , 5*, 5*+1, etc. All appear to be on the same frequency, 10.964
The signal is less of a problem in Murcia. Has your signal strength/quality dropped?

Sid

debbie2525
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby debbie2525 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:13 am

I have also lost channel 5, so what do we conclude from this at this point? Have we had a slight reprieve with bbc, itv etc or are those loses still imminent?

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:22 am

debbie2525 wrote:I have also lost channel 5, so what do we conclude from this at this point? Have we had a slight reprieve with bbc, itv etc or are those loses still imminent?
The conclusion is your dish is too small to receive these channels on your current sized dish.

With the rest of the BBC ITV and C4 channels, it is a question of when rather than if.
They may move to this new satellite at any time, or you may have a longer reprieve and they may move to the next new satellites, Astra 2E, after that is launched Jan/Feb next year.

debbie2525
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby debbie2525 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 am

oh well, it was a bonus to have it anyway! Be nice to have the rest for xmas and then a case of iplayer for me!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 am

debbie2525 wrote: a case of iplayer for me!
A case of Ribero del Duero for me!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 am

peteroldracer wrote:
debbie2525 wrote: a case of iplayer for me!
A case of Ribero del Duero for me!
aHHHH, all becomes clear

Channel 5 is working here this morning along with it's sister channels. Not only that there is really heavy rain and very low cloud.
Does that mean I can be more optimistic than I was before ?
Last edited by markwilding on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 am

Just checked.
Channel 5 has dissapeared from my Sky box but is still available on my Humax.
Cheers
Gerry
As you are to my West Gerry, and indeed Sid, can I ask what size dish you are using ? my Humax still has C5 on the menu, but no signal being received. (none of the others either).

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:31 am

Remember, dish sizes should be based on the measurements across the horizontal face of the dish - not including outer rims. That is the standard and accepted dish measurement method.

This is required as there can be confusion as to what everyone has - eg some people will report a 1.25m dish, but others a 1.35m dish. Which can effectivly be the same dish using different measurements, as horizontally an oval dish can be 1.25m but vertically it can be 1.35m.
It may have been sold as a 1.35m dish, as it sounds like you are getting more dish for your money as opposed to a 1.25m dish.

brickwork

Postby brickwork » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 pm

I have a Humax Freesat box and have lost all Channel 5 and 4HD and 4 Seven, but it looks as if this is just the start!!