Ipad

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Footprint
Resident

Ipad

Postby Footprint » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:49 am

Hi

Is anyone using a 3G ipad? If so which network? I can only see the option for Vodaphone on the Apple store.

Many thanks in advance of a response.

:thumbup:
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Ipad

Postby El Cid » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:14 am

You can use it on any network. All you need is a data enabled card in it.

Sid

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks Sid - going to the Apple store in La Canada today to have a look at them. I am such an ignoramus when it comes to this stuff - I only know how to use them. Whilst at home I would use it on wifi. I want to get rid of my movistar dongle as I now have ADSL here. I hate going on the internet on my phone and thought the ipad could be useful for when 'on the road'. But of course need online access when a wifi network is not available. Would also not clutter up the coffee table as my laptop does!
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:10 pm

I have a 3G enabled iPad. I have a duplicate SIM card to the one in my mobile phone. I'm with Orange and I pay an additional 3 euros a month for the duplicate card. There is a monthly download limit but it's quite generous for the amount of use I want.

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:21 am

Assumes that iPAD is one of the 'unlocked' versions and not tied to a Network. In UK for infrequent use of the roaming connection and not able to use a WiFi I have a Samba SIM card that cost £2.50. You can either load more data bytes on line or view advertisements that then credit you with extra MBs each time an ad is viewed. Excellent for very occasional us in UK. Fitting the Micro SIM card into the iPAD device is easy enough if you have the little pin to stick through the hole. Otherwise a paper clip is necessary and the SIM card tray pops out. Choosing which Network you want is very much a question of how you will use the iPAD. You don't need to go to a APPLE store for a Micro SIM card.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Many thanks for your replies.

OH bought me an Ipad 3G from the Apple store. I then went into Movistar and got a duplicate sim for 3 euros a month tied to my contract phone.

Loving it already!