ADSL without a landline

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Goatherd
Tourist

Re: ADSL without a landline

Postby Goatherd » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:29 pm

There is now an excellent WIMAX ADSL service in the Alpujarra and down through the Costa Tropical to Malaga to Granada and Jaen, for those who do not have a landline and cannot get a good signal from a dongle. Satellite systems are very expensive and in my own personal opinion, they certainly are not perfect. Having scrambled up onto the roof to try and adjust the huge dish MANY times, in the end I through it out!
www.jetnet-in-english.es have the lowest WIMAX prices and are HALF the cost of Iberbanda with a telephone and internet service starting at LESS than 20€ a month! This includes 500 minutes FREE calls to Western European landlines. There are no restrictions on downloads at all and no throttles.
SO if you are one of those less fortunate that do not have a landline, then do yourself a favour and check them out.

GaryP
Tourist

Postby GaryP » Wed May 22, 2013 10:15 am

When we first moved to Spain, Nerja area, about a year ago; we used Mobile wifi for a few weeks. Basically an Orange pay as you go data SIM in a Huawei mifi device. It worked fine, but obviously if you are using things like Skype you will eat bandwidth rapidly.
More of a get out of jail card than a cost-effective long term solution, at the moment. But in a few years it will probably be the way to go....

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed May 22, 2013 11:15 pm

I recently saw a billboard in Antequera (by La Veronica mall) promoting ADSL without a landline, which would be good if the terms were right :D

Unfortunately I can't remember the name :oops: , the poster was headed something like 'WiFi Antequera' but the web address had andalucia rather than antequera in it, so if anyone is passing, would you please jot down the name and either post here or pm me ?

TIA
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu May 23, 2013 4:25 pm

This is Telefonicas offering for people who can't have ADSL as not coppered/cabled back to an exchange. They call it satellite but I am 90% certain it is a SIM card offering. Same monthly price as 2M ADSL

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=30956