Portable wifi

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Portable wifi

Postby Mowser » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm in the UK just now and have bought a portable WiFi from three.co.UK.
It was £49.99 and included 1gb to be used within a month. To top up it costs £10 for 1 gb. They also sell 3gb for £15 that lasts for 3 months or until it runs out. You can also buy for a complete year.
Is there an equivalent system in Spain? I've checked online but can only find systems to hire on a daily basis.
Dave

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Portable wifi

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Try Mas Movil although it's generally a repeating monthly thing.
However, you can buy and then cancel immediately.
The SIM will work in your Three Mifi as well, you just have to change the APN when you use the Spansih SIM (you may need to ask 3 to unlock the Mifi or get your own unlocking code for it).

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 pm

My personal experience of Three and their mobile internet is that while the price is good and the coverage is OK, trying to cancel the contract (when you've gone past the minimum contract period) is a complete nightmare.
I phoned their call centre and it took over 20 minutes of giving my details (many times) selecting options, getting through to a person, them trying to sell me a new contract, a reduced rate, a better offer, more gigabytes, an upgrade - when all I wanted was "I just want to cancel" ... "Yes Zir, please hold .... " <another department .... "Can I have your name please Zir .... " and start the process all over again.

I'll never touch Three again - no matter what the offer is. :evil:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:46 am

I'm not on a contract with three.co.UK. The data lasts a month and that's it. When I come back to the UK it's a simple matter of buying another £10 worth of data.
Dave

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:29 am

Dr1Gonzo wrote: you just have to change the APN when you use the Spansih SIM (you may need to ask 3 to unlock the Mifi or get your own unlocking code for it).
According to their website 3 won't give the unlock code for mifi, so you probably will have to get it unlocked in a 'unlock shop'.
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!