Adblock

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Unicorn
Resident

Adblock

Postby Unicorn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 am

On the advice of this site I downloaded adblock and it is great.
However, I find it works for a while and then I have to 'repair' it. Does anyone else have this problem?
Is it normal to have to do this?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Adblock

Postby gerryh » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Been using it for many years on Firefox without a problem.
What exactly do you mean by "have to repair it"?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:12 pm

What happened this morning was that I went on Mailonline (my fault, I suppose) and suddenly an ad video with sound started up and even continued when I had closed everything. This has happened before and I went to adblock and the options are repair or remove, or something similar, so I click repair as I have before and then it works OK for a couple of weeks. I'm using Explorer 11. I have Firefox but have not worked out how to have a favourites bar on it.

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby SpanishBlue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:39 pm

I find AdBlock on Google Chrome works brilliantly.

On Firefox, it does seem to let "selected" adverts through. Eg there are always ads at the bottom of the screen whilst on YouTube, but as I only use Firefox occasionally, I can live with it.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Cheers folks. I've loaded Chrome and adblock seems to be working well. It says that it is blocking when I go onto a website. :clap:

Domelo

Postby Domelo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:35 pm

SpanishBlue wrote:I find AdBlock on Google Chrome works brilliantly.

On Firefox, it does seem to let "selected" adverts through. Eg there are always ads at the bottom of the screen whilst on YouTube, but as I only use Firefox occasionally, I can live with it.
lolx. There seems to be an interesting science in it. I was earlier using adblock plus, but uninstalled it due to its malfunctioning. I am now using adblock on firefox and never had any issue. But, it's not working on chrome that's why I installed Adguard - Adblock on it and enjoying my life without having any issue to remove ads. Did anyone of you also tried adguard?

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:12 pm

A lifetime ago in a land far away I first encountered Firefox and Adblock, since then and three computers later I have never seen an advert on the www, are you telling me there are adverts ?

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebbnflow » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Another happy Adblock user here. On PCs old and new, Win ME through to 8.1, fired up just 24 hours ago.