Which ISP in Canillas de Albaida

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
zanuck
Resident

Which ISP in Canillas de Albaida

Postby zanuck » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Hopefully there is someone other than just me on the Forum who lives in or has a property in the village of Canillas de Albaida....

Because of duration of stays when we visit, we have not installed a phone line, but now want to do so and of course want to have an internet connection.

Which Internet Service Provider do you use in Canillas de Albaida? Do you use the same telephone line provider as your ISP and if not why not?

I guess we are spoilt in the UK with around 38mbps download and about 2mbps upload and (our choice) 40gb usage per month as part of the BT package, as I haven't seen (don't recall) any posts on A.com from people getting anything like those speeds so adjusting downwards will be quite interesting.

Many thanks - Zanuck

poppylou
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Which ISP in Canillas de Albaida

Postby poppylou » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:56 pm

We use Broadband 4 Spain as our ISP. Their service was very good - before all the tv traffic increased (we haven't needed to use it since). We got rid of our two landlines a few years back, but may well consider having Movistar ADSL installed for the future.

As BB4Spain are talking about having to reconsider their pricing because of the additional investment needed for the increased demand, we are waiting to see what happens there.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:13 pm

If you can get it in your area "Movistar/Telefonica every time without doubt.
http://www.movistar.es/particulares/int ... star-adsl/

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:57 pm

poppylou and firsttango

Thanks for your replies and endorsement of Movistar; your sidebar profile doesn't show that you are based in Canillas de Albaida (although of course you might be :oops: ) and what I am hoping to hear from members is actual experience of an ISP in the village.

Having seen some of the copper phone line connections and the way they have been installed between buildings leaves me a little unsure of the quality of the service that one might expect to receive from Movistar/Telefonica over copper, and I was wondering about the experience of others in the village with BB4S or other providers.

Perhaps I am the only one (forum member) in the village? :lol:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Correct in assuming I dont live in your village, however, if it helps we live in a 200 yr old townhouse and have had Telefonica/Movistar throughout and the speed/stability etc over old copper cabling has never been an issue, The download is a constant 8.8 -9.2 mbps at all times, the upload is again constant at 0.9 to 1.1 mbps. Hope this helps

I would definitely steer clear of BB4S, see separate thread on here. Also here is a sample
http://digame-torrox.blogspot.com.es/20 ... d-4_2.html