Missing the magic of. . . .

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Mariacristina
Andalucia.com Amigo

Missing the magic of. . . .

Postby Mariacristina » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:46 pm

The good news is that I am Welsh.

The bad news (though it is not news to that great man Enrique) is that I am a technical dinosaur.

The other good news is that Wales won a terrific game of rugby . . . . and the bad news is that I missed it.

Can anyone tell me how, being a technical dimwit, I might be able to see other essential things like this. I only have Spanish TV and they don't "do" rugby, so I need to find it via the internet somehow, and I need idiot-proof instructions to access it. I don't want to spend my life watching sport; life is full of other exciting things to do, but some games are essential!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Missing the magic of. . . .

Postby Enrique » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi Mariacristina,

You should have contacted me earlier...........I setup Smartydns for a Rugby fan so he could watch the game....using the 14day Trial.

I'll give you a shout later this evening and see if we can sort you out........ :idea:

Added:: Your phone is off or you don't have coverage, please call me after 09:00 tomorrow Sunday

Thanks
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:55 am

The Welsh matches have been unaffected by the changeover. If you could watch rugby on the BBC before via Freesat , you still can. It's channel 20 on Freesat. Although on Sky I'm not sure which number.
As far as via computer is concerned, just go to Filmon. Better quality still via Acestream or Enrique's method

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 am

S4C (a commercial Welsh station) on our very basic old Sky box is still working (we don't have a subscription) so my OH was able to watch the Welsh game the other night. It is available online apparently:
http://www.s4c.co.uk/e_how_digital.shtml

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Mariacristina, another Welsh immigrant here! Yes it was an excellent result especially after the disaster of the Irish game!

You can still pick up S4C here because although a Free to Air Channel they don't use the Astra satellite as does the BBC and ITV.

Wicksey, S4C is not a wholly commercial station - it's a public service broadcaster partly funded by the Government/BBC. It supplements funding by some commercials although a lot of them are Welsh and UK Government adverts/publicity.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:28 pm

We put the English subtitles up ... they were quite funny sometimes as they were live and made a few odd mistakes, but it did help us non-Welsh speakers! They are just repeating the match now I think.

Mariacristina
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariacristina » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:48 pm

First of all . . thank you all . . . secondly many many many apologies to Enrique. My week turned into a bit of a frazzle and I was totally sidetracked from normal life.

It would certainly have made more sense if I had asked for advice before the game, instead of afterwards, and I would have done had my friends had the gumption to alert me to it instead of contacting me gleefully afterwards!

As I said, I don't have English TV, only Spanish, and I don't seem to have much time to watch that. No satellite dishes or Sky boxes at all in my house.

Enrique, I am as dizzy with my mobile phone as I am with most technical stuff and tend only to have it on when I am off on one of my solitary rambles. My neighbour says I must switch it on and carry it with me then so that if I fall off a cliff and break my neck, or fall into the river and drown, I can phone her and let her know where my body is.

I will ask my friends to let me know in advance when a critical game is coming up and I will contact Enrique for advice - and apologise now for being a nuisance and a dimwit!