upgrading sky package

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
gina59
Resident

upgrading sky package

Postby gina59 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Has anyone tried to upgrade there sky package, I pay for the basic sky package in uk, and tried to upgrade to sky hd on the internet, but they want to send engineer to fit it,the problem being my address in uk has a different tv system already. All I would like to do is buy a sky hd box here and upgrade my card. has anyone any ideas of the easiest way to do this. thanks in advance.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

Parilla
Resident

Re: upgrading sky package

Postby Parilla » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Search "sky hd upgrade" Gina.

Parilla

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Suggest your nearest Sky dealer. I would not deal with anyone not having proper premises, sign-written vans and a ready list of referrals. Anyone called Roy Rogers or Wyatt Earp should probably also be avoided.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:14 pm

gina59 wrote:Has anyone tried to upgrade there sky package, I pay for the basic sky package in uk, and tried to upgrade to sky hd on the internet, but they want to send engineer to fit it,the problem being my address in uk has a different tv system already. All I would like to do is buy a sky hd box here and upgrade my card. has anyone any ideas of the easiest way to do this. thanks in advance.
You need to tell them you already have a Sky+HD box, and you just want to upgrade your package and pair your card to it.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:23 pm

thanks alot, will I have to give them information on the hd box when I phone them eg model no. etc also is there a prefix i can use to withhold my spanish phone number?? :)
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 pm

I think you will have to deal with a Sky shop here in Spain! No need to hide your number but you must never contact Sky about problems here?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:32 am

gina59 wrote:thanks alot, will I have to give them information on the hd box when I phone them eg model no. etc also is there a prefix i can use to withhold my spanish phone number?? :)
Sometimes Skype works....sometimes a uk mobile will work... or get someone in the uk to call on your behalf

you will have to give them the details on the services, settings system details screen
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:52 am

To withhold Spanish mobile number - #31#
To withhold Spanish landline number - 067
Let's go Brandon!

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks everyone.