axartel wimax

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
gina59
Resident

axartel wimax

Postby gina59 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Sorry still trying to find a unlimited internet supplier, Our townhall is offering the above company. with 4mb download 1mb upload, for a very reasonable price {around 30euros a month,anyone use them. how reliable are they, and is there a fair usage policy, any info appreciated. thanks.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: axartel wimax

Postby firsttango » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:47 pm

It's all on their website in English

http://www.axartel.es/

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Interesting, but they give no idea where they can provide the service...as it is Dia Cerrado I have filled in the contact form :-)
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:30 pm

I think we have the aerial in our village, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to pick it up as I am at the opposite end. The man is coming on tuesday, so wish me luck, otherwise I will have to go with a satellite company, at twice the cost, and only unlimited overnight. Just wish I knew how reliable wimax is?
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 pm

I have been with this company for a long time, and have not had any problems at all (a couple of days with no connection after the mast was struck by lightning) . My Wifi router stopped working and they gave me a new one. I stream quite a bit (even more now we have lost the satellite transmissions) and always seem to have a good connection speed. There are occasions when programmes buffer but there is no cap on useage (at the moment). On occasions we have 3 devices using the connection at the same time.I am on a 6Mbit contract and I am happy. :D
Gerry

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:48 pm

:thumbup: Just what I wanted to know, thanks, its a year contract and I didnt want to sign before knowing more about the service.