Scam text messages

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Scam text messages

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Hubby recieved a text message today informing him he had joined a gruop (dietasadelgaer.mobi) and it is 4.99€ a week. :evil: Went to the Vodophone shop and got the number blocked- but the 4.99 plus IVA will be charged. I have tried to find out where/who the company is, but nothing comes up. the phone number is 9008444540
Thieving whatsits- how many 4.99´s will they scam from folk? Just got to keep an eye on the bill and hope nothing more comes up.

EDIT: I googled dietas adelgaer and it comes up with a diet company. will be sending a snotty email

pilgrim2
Resident

Re: Scam text messages

Postby pilgrim2 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Not sure if this was a scam or not, but I believe it was............
ph call to our land line, lady saying she could not hear me, later 2 guys turn up on the door step (would have been in the house if possible) saying that they were from telefonica saying we had reported a fault with our adsl line, at the same time we had a call from movistar saying an engineer would be calling the following day to deal with our fault....... one guy showed us his id and flashed another card to me..... after refusing to let them in off they went in their big white transit van.

When we report a fault the movistar engineer always calls us to notify us of the time he will be coming.. usually alone and often in small car/van with a ladder strapped to the roof.

I phoned movistar and they said yes a report had been made and that the engineer would be calling tomorrow. Did I want them to cancel.............not interested in what had happened.