Bes t PAYG mobile rates

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
USINSPAIN
Resident

Bes t PAYG mobile rates

Postby USINSPAIN » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:31 pm

My son is giving me his 1 year old IPHONE my contract with Orange finishes 4th Feb and I am thinking of going PAYG looking at HITS mobile anyone use them and is there anyone better only really want to make calls a few to UK and maybe SMS so internet is not very important

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Bes t PAYG mobile rates

Postby elusive » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Make sure you get the phone unlocked first or you will only be able to use orange.we use hits for a pay as u go and on contract for a smart phone. only difference we found with p.a.y.g is that u have to top up a mininum amount every three months or they start the process of closing your account (if thats the right word) . its only something like 10 euros every three months so nothing major but its not like we experienced in the uk were u can leave the phone unused for months on end.mas movil are the other main independent company aswell.they seem very popular. most seem to do a deal where u pay the connection fee and then get the first five mins of your call free

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:47 pm

If you can speak a little Spanish ( or use google translate ) have a look at https://www.yoigo.com/
hidden on those pages are the cheapest and the most flexible monthly account where you only ever pay for what you use ...
If you don't use it .. you don't pay for it ! - simples
It works out better than PAYG ...

Pete'nKim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pete'nKim » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:21 pm

I'm looking at GiffGaff here in the UK and wonder if they are around in Spain where we hope to move early next year?
Remember - Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

casaalba
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby casaalba » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:56 am

yes be aware of "topping up" your credit. We lost our Vodaphone PAYG due to that rule which used to be 6 months but they changed it without informing users

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:13 pm

I use a Vodafone PAYG card for a tracking device which my wife carries when she is riding. I have checked the date of expiry of the current balance and it is still shown as 21/5/2015 which will be six months from when I last topped it up.

Are you saying that the six months limit has been reduced and that the information contained in my account on the My Vodafone web site is incorrect?
Let's go Brandon!

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:14 pm

We were on HITS payg for years but recently switched to one of their payg 'contracts' 9.99 a month for 100 minutes, 100 sms and 500mb. We're not heavy mobile users so 100 minutes is normally sufficient for us, very rarely send SMS, data allowence is handy should I use the phone away from wifi. Although that may change as I've just ordered a better smartphone.

The 'contract' is renewed every month by direct debit.

They have other plans which may suit you better.
Regards

Bob

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Does the 100 SMS include SMS to the UK?
Most of the bill for my wife's phone is for SMS calls to the UK at 34c per call.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:54 pm

We have the same hits contract. no texts to the uk arent included but the 100 mins include calls to euro landlines and many euro mobiles aswell (did when we took the deal)

casaalba
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby casaalba » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:38 pm

We tried to make a call and our phone said that our account was no longer valid. We went to the vodaphone shop in La Trocha, Coin and they told us that the time limit was now 3 months not 6. If it was still 6 months then our phone should have worked as we were within the time limit. They also called the main office in Malaga and said if we have a complaint then we should go there. Wonderful customer relations. NOT