problems with Skyplus box

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Unicorn
Resident

problems with Skyplus box

Postby Unicorn » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi

Over the last day or so I have to keep turning off the Sky box and having to 'reboot'

Is this a problem with my box or is anyone else having this problems?

Cheers :wave:

satandpcguy
Resident

Re: problems with Skyplus box

Postby satandpcguy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:27 pm

There appears to be a problem with most some boxes.
Problems include Guide not fully loading, and series links not working.
A reboot of the box may help, but maybe just temporarily.
Sky "are working on a fix" - apparently...
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:39 pm

Cheers the ever reliable satandpcguy. Just so long as it is not just me and my rogue Sky box.

It seems to work again if you replug etc etc. I have had to do it twice today, but once rebooted signal perfect, obviously a glitch.

Just good to know 'I am not alone...' :wave: :wave:

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:35 am

UPDATE

I took a tip off the internet and deleted all the deleted programmes and now it seems to work fine. I don't know if it helps, but anyway, it's working now! :thumbup:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:15 pm

We had a letter by post saying Sky is making changes to plus and HD boxes in our area between Feb 2-9th. Will affect planned recordings and links on ITV ITV+1 ITVHD. Says delete any set and re select.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Cheers for that. It did seem that something was going on..... :thumbup:

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:46 pm

katy wrote:We had a letter by post saying Sky is making changes to plus and HD boxes in our area between Feb 2-9th. Will affect planned recordings and links on ITV ITV+1 ITVHD. Says delete any set and re select.
This is simply ITV changing the boundaries of some regional "areas"... and so you may find your ITV1 regions may change, hence the need to check the recordings... and nothing to do with the issues with the planner and series link
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:22 pm

Every week or so recently my series link stops working. I tried the deleting the deleted programmes and that solves it. I am still amazed that I didn't know it kept recently deleted recordings that can be restored! But now it sometimes decides it cannot deal with recording programmes and they all remain unrecorded in my planner. There is another instruction to help with this that I found on the Sky website and that sorts it out for a while then it stops recording again. These are the instructions from Sky:

If restarting your Sky+ box hasn't resolved the problem, follow these steps to rebuild the Planner.

Please note: Rebuilding your Planner will not delete any of your previous recordings. However, it will interrupt any recordings currently in progress, so it's best to proceed when you’re not recording a programme.

1.Press services on your Sky remote.

2.Press the right arrow button to highlight Settings.

3.Press select.

4.Press 0, then 1, followed by select. You'll now see a new set of screens that are normally hidden from view, with the Setup screen selected.

5.Press the left/right arrow buttons to highlight Sky+ Rebuild.

6.Press select. You'll now see this message: "This will take a few minutes to complete. The rebuild will stop all recordings and reboot your Sky+HD".

7.Press select. The onscreen message "Housekeeping please wait" will appear and then disappear within two minutes.

8.The Planner rebuild will now go ahead, and may take up to two further minutes. Once complete, your Sky+ box will automatically switch itself off and then back on. You will then see the red standby light on your Sky+ box (newer boxes have an amber standby light).

9.Wait for at least two minutes after the red standby light has appeared.

10.Press sky on your remote control.

Your Sky+ box should now start up as normal, with the light changing to green. Once your Sky+ box has started, try to use the Planner to record and view programmes as usual.

I hope Sky get a fix for this annoying problem soon. Fed up of missing programmes and having to search for them on a catch up.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:45 pm

According to the letter from Sky everything should be back to normal after today, but what do I know :roll: