Downloader Programmes

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
TerryC
Resident

Downloader Programmes

Postby TerryC » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:08 am

Living in the campo can be very frustrating as regards the internet. I use Excom and generally the service is pretty good. I pay for 1Meg which equates to a download speed of about 100kbs generally. But sometimes the connection breaks down. I mostly use the internet for downloading TV from Filmon and it is very frustrating when you have waited for an hour or more for a programme to download only for the connection to breakdown near the end, you then have to restart the download from the beginning.
Can anybody recommend a downloader programme which would supposedly make the downloading quicker and also pick up the download from where it left off should there be a breakdown in the service.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Downloader Programmes

Postby Enrique » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:04 am

Hi TerryC,
For a Browser Firefox/Palemoon......use DownThemAll ......Add-on.....I use this one.

A quick Google (there are other search engines )............Example....not used this one.

Filmon specific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmE8b0j2g_4
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

TerryC
Resident

Postby TerryC » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:05 pm

Enrique thanks so much for this information. I added DownThemAll and am now happily downloading programmes from Filmon using it.

There is a definite increase in download speed, not quite the "up to 4x faster" but a definite improvement. I´ll now wait to see what happens if my connection gets broken.

Thanks again.

TerryC
Resident

Postby TerryC » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Enrique I've now been using DownThemAll with Firefox for a couple of weeks and I've got to say it is brilliant. Half a dozen times my internet connection has been broken, but everytime dTa has picked up from where it left off, wonderful.
My ISP eMailed me to say they were having local problems, hence the poor service, but that seems to be fixed now (Until the next time).
A sincere thank you Enrique, I'm looking forward to watching Ireland v England via Filmon a little later.