Internet needed in Pilarejos - SORTED but great addition!

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Internet needed in Pilarejos - SORTED but great addition!

Postby johnr » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi,

I'm moving house this week and although it's only 700 metres from here as the crow flies, my current provider - BB4S, who I've always been happy with - can't get a signal.

Can anyone recommend anyone else? I've emailed RioSat and Fobos this evening.

Much prefer unlimited usage and obviously as fast as possible speed.

Also, any good suggestions for a temporary solution until I get an install?

Thanks
John
Last edited by johnr on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Internet needed in Pilarejos - recommendations?

Postby johnr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:09 am

Now booked an installation with Fobos on Friday AM - fingers crossed!

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:24 am

Hi John,
Can you let us know how you get on please? Thinking of using Fobos myself. Good luck

johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby johnr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Will do. Thanks!

johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby johnr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:23 pm

Oh, this is great! I've just received an email ABOUT me aimed at someone else...

One of the companies I contacted was Axartel, who I presume is Anda Networks rebranded? If anyone has any details of why they are now called Axartel (ie, just a rebrand or a new company I'd love to know).

I used them in the past but had huge problems with them (both in terms of the connection and the customer service). I posted about it here. I make sure I tell everyone I discuss internet with not to use Anda. I'll have to upgrade that advice to Axartel.

So, I've just received this email!

I've removed one bit because it is defamatory and if I post it here, it may prevent me being able to take legal action should I need or decide to. But rest assured, it is a complete lie.

A few minutes later, I had a recall notice for the email! Thankfully my email client ignores them.

Just sent her a reply pointing out the facts of the matter (I keep ALL emails going back, literally, decades) and accepting that, yes, I am fussy, if being fussy means having a decent connection, decent customer service, and not dealing with a company that prints false advertising and tries to screw customers out of existing offers (none of that is defamatory by the way, it's all documented).

I've also pointed our I've been dealing with RioSat and BB4s for years now without any problems.

Anyway, thought you might find it amusing...
Hi Ingrid

We need to be careful of this man, he used to be our customer about 2 years ago. He is very fussy and if anything goes wrong or offline for any amount of time – [defamation removed].

We just need to be careful with him and make sure everything is very clear from the start.

Regards
Debbie

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:02 pm

[/quote]
One of the companies I contacted was Axartel, who I presume is Anda Networks rebranded? If anyone has any details of why they are now called Axartel
[/quote]

Axartel and Anda Networks merged last year and became Axartel. Not sure if it was a buy out or a mutual agreement to merge. The Anda Network staff now seem to operate the customer service side of the business.
Gerry

johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby johnr » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks.

As the email to me, containing slander, was sent to me AND a third-party, I'm going to take legal advice. Under UK law, it would be clear cut. Not sure about Spanish law though but I'll find out.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Internet needed in Pilarejos - SORTED but great addition

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 pm

I know how shocking it is to see a libellous (not slanderous) letter, and the temptation to seek legal redress is very strong. However, I would think very carefully before taking any definite steps, no matter how strong your case. As my lawyer said when consulted - it's a long & expensive process, with no guarantees at the end :thumbdown:

In my case, I have been holding out for a written apology for about six months, and a cryptic comment made in an email yesterday suggests there might now be light at the end of the tunnel - fingers crossed.
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Internet needed in Pilarejos - SORTED but great addition

Postby johnr » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks for the reply, I understand what you mean. I've spent more money on lawyers over the years (for various things, mainly business-related) than I care to think about, but I am still going to considering it. Had an email from someone else at the company trying to distance themselves from Debbie's comments and still get me as a customer...

And yes, sorry, I do know the difference between libel and slander! Is 43 too young to claim a 'senior moment'? ;)

Fobos installed my internet today. Very nice man, very friendly. Spanish but he had good basic English (better than my basic Spanish!) and no problems at all communicating. A very good, neat installation.

It's meant to be up to 10 Mbps down, and 4 Mbps up... I'm a bit disappointed though (tongue firmly in cheek!) I'm only getting 9.78 down and 4.03 up, and a ping of 31, with speedtest.net...

35 + iva a month. Can't complain at all.

BIG thumbs up so far!