HiFi & electronics supplier

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Miro
Andalucia Guru

HiFi & electronics supplier

Postby Miro » Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Just as a point of interest for anyone who is into electronics etc., I came across this outfit recently when I had given up all hope of finding a supplier for the specific HiFi and speaker combination I was looking for: http://www.madridhifi.com/
They don't seem to sell through amazon.es, but their website is easy to use and delivery was within 24 hours by CronoExpress. Very satisfied. :thumbup:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Re: HiFi & electronics supplier

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue May 19, 2015 6:11 pm

What were you after Miro and which combo did you buy? I'd be interested to know as I've never seen a proper hifi shop yet in Spain.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed May 20, 2015 12:08 am

Exactly. Corte Ingles sell some decent stuff (at a price), but the choice seems very limited here. I could get want I wanted from amazon.co.uk, but not with delivery to Spain. Couldn't get the combo I wanted on amazon.es.
Nothing really fancy; I wanted this Denon unit http://www.madridhifi.com/p/denon-rcd-n9-bk/ but NOT with the standard Denon speakers - I wanted these: http://www.madridhifi.com/p/q-acoustics ... negro-par/. I was searching a while ago for a supplier of Q Accoustics (same company as Boston Accoustics now) around here. I think Blankenstein in Fuengirola said they could get them, but at a hugely inflated price. I started searching again when one of my trusty 30 year old Celestion speakers finally gave up on me. My old Denon amp is still perfect, but the Rotel CD player had seen better days, so I took the plunge. Must say, very impressed, excellent sound for such a compact system, and added benefit of internet radio, bluetooth (good for Spotify etc) and so on.
Probably due to the exchange rate, I think it actually cost less than if I had bought in the UK.

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Wed May 20, 2015 8:11 am

I know it's not local but this shop had some fantastic gear in when we visited about 3 years ago.It now does on-line sales.
http://www.vienaaudio.com/

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed May 20, 2015 8:59 am

Thanks Miro, hope you enjoy the new kit. As an aside do you still need to link a laptop/phone/tablet to the box to play Spotify?

It's also a shame as I bet I've got the parts here to fix your old Celestions......which model were they?

Quebin, that shop you link to does indeed seem to stock some quite high end stuff, some of those Dynaudio speakers are terrific.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am

I think they are Celestion Dittons. Not sure if there's are model number or anything. Anyway, the new Q's sound better and take up less space, so I should have done it years ago!
Yes, I'm playing Spotify through it using bluetooth from my phone. I don't have Spotify Premium anyway, so even if it had direct connectivity (I don't think it does) I would have to upgrade. I also use Rdio, from my phone or tablet via Chromecast to the TV and then digital optical to the HiFi. Although I can't select specific tracks/artists with the free service, for some reason there are no ads when playing a "station" this way. However, I'm now discovering internet radio, and have found some stations which are just as good. :thumbup:

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebbnflow » Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 pm

There is also http://www.lyricaudio.com/entrada.htm, I have no experience with them but they seem to stock some nice kit.

They are actually a distributor, so hit the link to their dealers (Distribuidores) and you'll find quite a few.

johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby johnr » Mon May 25, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks, all bookmarked.