astra 2G

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

astra 2G

Postby Campo Steve » Sun May 24, 2015 10:13 am

i am thinking of putting up another sat dish ang getting a box to watch channels on Intersat907. However I have been reading about the Astra 2G satellite. Does anyone know anything about it! One coverage map I saw fhows a footprint close to Southern Spain. Does this mean I might get some UK channels on my Frreesat box? Or was the article I was reading out of date? Don't want to soend money on a new diah and box if I can avoid it!
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: astra 2G

Postby El Cid » Sun May 24, 2015 11:16 am

No one knows what the coverage will be until it moves to its final position.

Any UK channels are likely to be on the UK beam, which based on other satellites, will probably not be available in the south.

Since you will get all the BBC, ITV and C4 channels on Intelsat907, what other channels are you wishing to get?

Sid

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sun May 24, 2015 12:50 pm

ItVBe is one my wife is hoping forut Idon't think it is on Intelsat
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Sun May 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Apologies, slightly away from the topic but when did we lose CBSAction? It was the only station worth watching on what was left on Freesat.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Sun May 24, 2015 2:03 pm

2G has UK and European beams.
Just like channel on 2e and 2f, channel will be spread across both beams, depending what their owners pay for.
But, like 2e and 2f, expect any new channels from bbc itv c4 and five to be on the uk beam, and other channels (sky and the cheapo channels!) to be on the European beam - just as it the case at the moment.
2g is coming towards the end of testing.

CBS action changed frequencies a few weeks ago - perhaps your freesat box has not updated to the new frequency...
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon May 25, 2015 5:20 pm

Thanks s&pc guy, did a retune and there it was.