Airplay on IPad

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Airplay on IPad

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Moved my Apple TV to a new house.it's set up on the new network but when I swipe up from the bottom on my iPad I am only offered zairdrop and not the Airplay option. Have I done something wrong? Or is there something I should be doing. IPad and Apple TV are on the same wifi network
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Airplay on IPad

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Are you sure the Apple TV is switched on?

Sid

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:25 pm

The lighton the front is lit and pressing the menu button on the remote brings up the menu on the TV.it's getting thr iPad to recognise that airplay should be offered to me as an option. It worked fine in the old house.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:32 pm

try switching both off and back on along with the route or
if the AirPlay icon doesn't appear

Ensure that you have followed the steps in using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring.If you are still unable to see the AirPlay icon , try one of these steps:
•If trying to AirPlay, or AirPlay mirror, to your Apple TV, ensure that AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV as well. You can enable or disable AirPlay on Apple TV in the AirPlay menu: Settings > AirPlay.
•Check Internet or network connectivity on all affected devices.•Some content requires an Internet connection to authorize content playback. AirPlay capabilities may be limited if your network is not connected to the Internet.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Tried switching both off and on. The Apple TV screensaver is now being displayed on the TV. But IPad only offering Airdrop when I sweep up from the bottom

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Did a Google search and quite a few people seem to have this problem the suggestions were toturn Bluetooth on and then off on the iPad which I did and Airplay icon now comes up now it's gone. T came back butbwhen Inselected to mirror iPad to tv I got a message saying someone elsvwasnusing thevApplevTV. i'm the only person in the house!