Telitec TP Link router password

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

Telitec TP Link router password

Postby fyfin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:24 pm

My friend has had a lot of problems connecting to the internet via wifi using a new TP link router supplied by Telitec.

I checked the model and using 192.168.1.1 the user and password should be admin / admin but clearly isn't . Getting through to them is almost impossible so I wondered if anyone on here knows what the actual user and password is.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Telitec TP Link router password

Postby Enrique » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi fyfin,
I'm hoping someone will come on soon with the info........not found anything so far on Web.

Have you tried admin /Telitec.......... or Telitec/password... :?: or combinations of admin/return ie nopassword

Otherwise you will need to Hack into it using something like Hydra............I'll have a play......... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Try Admin and 1234
Dave

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Or admin and no password

http://open-sez.me/passwd-tplink.htm

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi fyfin,
Maybe step back a stage and take the First line of your Post............

What problem is he getting connecting to the Internet.........what system (OS version )is he using and is it wireless........... :?:

Does it show Available Networks, has he the correct passphrase /wireless network key to login... :?:

At what stage is the problem showing itself .......... :?:

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 am

Well, firstly both laptops were having problems connecting, windows 10 and windows 7, but when I called round the windows 7 laptop had connected but was dropping out and then reconnecting. Telitec suggested they change the channel to 6 but as they can't get into the router then that is not possible anyway.

However, the problem with the other laptop (windows 10 upgraded from windows 8)was somewhat different, a big red X in the wireless connection icon and I was able to solve that and connect to the router but no internet access. I then entered the same dns servers as the other laptop and it connected and had internet access but dropped out again at the same time as the other laptop. Also showed no connections available and then came back again.

It seemed like two problems, the wireless network adaptor and the router but it was a new router sent to solve the problems they had already been having. I was going to log into the router and have a look at the settings but as I said I can't get in with admin / admin and I tried admin 1234 and no password. There is a big warning notice saying do not reset the router so I am reluctant to do that.

The windows 7 connection seems to be stable now and android devices log in ok so I suppose I should be looking at the wireless adaptor and maybe try a usb one I have lying around. Still annoying that they supply these things without giving you a password though.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi fyfin,
Have a look at the Available Networks in the area using...........

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

If they are close to other installations other networks could be using same Channel.

Get onto Telitec and say you want to change the Channel (even if you don't) and get the Login/Password of the Router.........

What sort of connection do they have ADSL etc......... :?: Is there a Modem connected to the connection :?:

If there is a warning not to reset router could mean that the Telitec settings aren't hard coded in the Firmware.... :crazy:

You could take your Router round and have a play as you seem familiar with setting up Routers.

mellisaanderson

Postby mellisaanderson » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:06 pm

You can try the following username and passwords:

none / none
admin / ttnet
none / admin

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:51 pm

This thread is three years old. I doubt you will get a response.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:35 pm

mellisaanderson wrote:You can try the following username and passwords:

none / none
admin / ttnet
none / admin
I guess the OP is now sorted. Welcome to the forum.