Sky bits

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
PavAmber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Sky bits

Postby PavAmber » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi
Purely by accident (removers packed them) we still have our Sky remote and Sky + HD box as well as a Sky wireless connector.

Is there any practical use for them out here? I only ask as we saw the same remote controllers on sale in Trapiche market for €20 today. I would have assumed they were obsolete here.

Thanks

gus
Resident

Re: Sky bits

Postby gus » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:28 pm

They still work for the basic tv channels from Sky ( according to the Sky card that is used)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Most of the Sky channels are available except the UK main channels such as BBC, ITV, C4, C5.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 am

It is amazing what they ask on the market for items. £17 for a sky remote in Tesco brand new in the box. Who buys a 2nd hand remote? The other bits I can see a market for.

PavAmber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby PavAmber » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:59 am

I'm assuming this applies if you have a Sky account here? I can't just plug it all back in and miraculously have Sky in Spain (yes I have got satellite dishes!). I live in hope.

Either way it sounds like the basura is not the place for these now family heirlooms!

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:18 pm

No SKY account needed - all you will get are the basic channels from sky excluding BBC, itv channel 4 and 5.
I take out my card from the UK when I visit and it gets me some of the extras - like Eurosport and Motors tv.
Otherwise just connect up to your satellite dish - assuming it's pointing the right way - and you're up and running.