Hide My Spanish IP

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
jogger
Resident

Hide My Spanish IP

Postby jogger » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:04 pm

When I bring over my Amazon Stick it won't play most of the content, what exactly do I have to do and pay to get a UK IP in Spain? I have a Sky uk account so I don't know if that is any good.
Thanks

Stevemul
Resident

Re: Hide My Spanish IP

Postby Stevemul » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:13 am

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:55 am

It might not be possible to use that link for a solution for the Fire stick
Many members use a DNS servers to permit the use of UK TV servers
You don’t say whether you are here temporary or not. If you are here for a week or two, you could get one of the trials, giving you one week free. SKY doesn’t work on the Fire stick but it will on a laptop and the VPN or DNS with no problems.
Most people prefer a DNS due to the fact it doesn’t affect your internet speed.
Google Smart DNS and it will come up with various.
I use SmartyDNS

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:38 am

Thanks Steve and Mark, I'll try these suggestions or maybe get a different streaming device for Spain.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:14 pm

I have seen a NowTV box in the sales for 25 quid would that work better in Spain than the Fire Stick?

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:17 am

Now box is a great streaming box like the Fire but will still need a smart DNS or VPN to work in Spain.
Now boxes like the Fire give you all the catch ups but with Now you can also buy sky premium passes for sports movies etc etc without ongoing contracts.
Fire devices however, can be linked to Prime and also dozens of different streaming apps are available for them.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Remember though, a Now TV box can only be viewed by changing the DNS in the router whereas the Fire TV can be changed in the Fire TV settings.

suzyq
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby suzyq » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:38 pm

I find that my fire stick works fine on Netflix and various I players, but, on Amazon prime ,even with smart dns it recognises geographical location and will not play , except for a few programmes specifically allowed by Amazon.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:09 am

Is your Amazon Prime Account is registered with the U.K site? If so you should have no issue accessing all relevant content

eveyon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby eveyon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:05 pm

I have a uk Amazon account for kindle books and purchases. If I subscribe to Amazon prime could I get Bbc1,itv,bbc2 etc in Spain using my Firestick second gen.on my television?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Yes, but only with a smart DNS. In Spain the choice with Netflix will be slightly different as well.

stevemargaret
Tourist

Postby stevemargaret » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:27 pm

We have an Amazon Fire stick and use a company called Stream Via (UK company) which provides a VPN and a service called SmartStream which allows you to hide the location of a specific entertainment device. We have used SmartStream over the past 16 months for both a Sky box and then a Fire stick and it works very well. Costs £4.99 a month,which includes VPN and SmartStream, although I think you can get a discount if you buy a year's subscription. It's easy to use - it must be if I can use it. Steve