Fibre and IPTV in Marbella- Avatel Wikier (or other) experiences ?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Espana101
Andalucia.com Amigo

Fibre and IPTV in Marbella- Avatel Wikier (or other) experiences ?

Postby Espana101 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:50 pm

We need finally to get around to connecting our apartment in Marbella (Golden Mile) up to the outside world.

The best looking fibre-optic / IPTV deal is Avatel Wikier which is asking €30 (IVA inc) for an unlimited 100Mb service, with IPTV including the main UK Freeview Channels. There is no installation charge and it has a useful (from our point of view) on/off service for a one-off €120 charge.

The main competitor Olivenet, seems a fair bit more expensive, so I was wondering whether anyone can provide feedback on Avatel Wikier. We won't be using the service a lot ourselves, but are planning to let out over the summer when - presumably - there is maximum demand for the available bandwidth. We would rather not have to deal with irate tenants who can't connect up ...

Any feedback, or alternative suggestions gratefully received.

happyh
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Fibre and IPTV in Marbella- Avatel Wikier (or other) experiences ?

Postby happyh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:13 pm

We had Avatel fibre installed in our small community of 30 flats about 2 years ago..The fibre comes into each unit.Ours is 20 euro per month 20mb unlimited. I've never had a problem,the internet is fast and stable and the tv has loads of channels and is good quality.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:22 am

We are in El Paraiso. Avatel in our community and no complaints that I'm aware of. I dislike the collection method of the cost but thats an admin issue.

Espana101
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Espana101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 pm

scotty wrote:I dislike the collection method of the cost but thats an admin issue.
Out of interest, can you clarify ?