IPTV MAG BOX

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Stevemul
Resident

IPTV MAG BOX

Postby Stevemul » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:28 pm

Does anyone know of any Companies between Torre del Mar and Malaga that supply and program ( and charge a subscription for ) MAG IPTV boxes for UK TV?

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: IPTV MAG BOX

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:34 am

bb4s, Algarrobo Costa - although very slightly in the other direction!
Chris

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:53 am

Thanks but BB4s will only supply a tv box if you buy their internet service which is 3/4g

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:03 am

My UK TV comes via a magbox and a company called "Eurona" with another company called "Fortec" in the loop somewhere. Complicated? You bet!. It is my own box and I have to have a Movistar land line (that's the part thats invoiced via Eurona I think.) It works OK - most of the time - but I think it's expensive. First port of call would be Fortec:

Fortec Comunicaciones S.L.U.

+34 95 288 0056

+34 611 100 300

[email protected]
nil illegitimum carborundum

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:51 pm

I use Fortec, I have the top package about 30 euro a month for the TV and the service is spot on, I have tried quite a few cheaper options to cut the cost but always end up back at Fortec.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:28 pm

I don't understand why anyone needs to pay for HD quality Freeview TV. Is it because the 30 euros is for both internet and the TV service or is this charge separate?

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:33 pm

It's not freeview it's sports, movies in fact everything, who said anything about Freeview?.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:46 pm

So what are you paying the 30 euros for? Just the Sports and Movies or both plus the internet?

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Its just TV, I have tried others with cheaper options but they are too unstable and don't have decent catch up, my Internet is with Avatel fibre optic 30euro a month.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm with Marios on this one.....until someone can persuade me otherwise! I can watch "my" rugby on BT Sport, and other sporting offerings (if that's your thing) on Sky, all UK terrestrial channels, catch-up if I want as well as 1000s of movies/boxed sets, music and radio as well.
What do you do Mark Wilding up there in Bilbao to get it free?
I ask because it IS (in my view) expensive when you add in this TV service AND a landline and whilst I like all those bits that tick my personal boxes, saving hundreds of euros a year, it might, if the exchange rate tanks further!!!), become attractive.
nil illegitimum carborundum

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Can someone explain to me the need to pay a monthly subscription for an IPTV box as opposed to paying a one-off fee for a Kodi box, when you can also see all the Uk channels if you download the right kodi add-on or a non-kodi app. I know the Kodi boxes have their problems, but as far as I know the IPTV boxes use the similar technology, so must have similar problems.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:02 pm

I don't pay a monthly sub for box I bought my own, I pay for the TV access, Kodi is a pain in the bum and not user friendly IPTV is just the same as normal telly.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:42 pm

I have many ways to watch live TV
I can get all the sports channels on my Fire Tv at no cost and I do not use Kodi. I use this for BT sports and the 3 o clock matches on Saturday.

The best way to watch the BBC live is using the Iplayer, which also allows starting watching at any time. Obviously,there is also the catch up TV up to UHD where available.
I get Sky TV free using the SKY Go app and with my brother’s account. To get this on a big Screen, you need to either plug in your laptop via HDML or buy a PS3 for around fifty quid second hand. It’s also possible to subscribe to one of these types of accounts. This service includes all Freeview except the BBC.
Live freeview is possible on the fire Tv using the TV player App
I have all the SKY movie cannels on Sky go as well as the typical free stuff and Sky entertainment channels as well.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Well thanks very much everyone for this advice on how to get UK TV in Spain. I'll explain all this technology to my 80 year old widow friend for whom I asked the question at the start of this thread. I'm sure she'll quickly get the hang of buying and using an amazon stick or downloading Kodi and exploring it's capabilities. I'll let you know how she gets on.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Easiest way for basic tv. is intelsat

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:30 pm

Stevemul wrote:Well thanks very much everyone for this advice on how to get UK TV in Spain. I'll explain all this technology to my 80 year old widow friend for whom I asked the question at the start of this thread. I'm sure she'll quickly get the hang of buying and using an amazon stick or downloading Kodi and exploring it's capabilities. I'll let you know how she gets on.
You can't complain if you don't make it clear what you your needs are in your OP. If I had an 80 year old friend who needed UK TV. I certainly would be comfortable advising her to pay money to third party companies for something she could get for free. I suspect I'd also set it up for her if she couldn't do it herself especially as people of that age might only want to watch the basic live channels.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Mark,
I asked a simple question which needed no explanation further than that asked. I deliberately tried to avoid introducing irrelevant facts which would tempt forum members to send the topic off to realms of unnecessary information away from actual answers to the question.
You have made assumptions about how I treat and deal with my elderly friends which are patronising and simply wrong.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:35 pm

marios wrote:I don't pay a monthly sub for box I bought my own, I pay for the TV access, Kodi is a pain in the bum and not user friendly IPTV is just the same as normal telly.
My point was, why pay for TV access when you can get it free. Kodi is actually pretty user friendly once it is set-up and running. For watching TV channels live, you can use TVtap, which is an app on a Kodi box, but does not run under kodi. Once you have downloaded it is very easy to use.
Of course all these services whether using Kodi box or IPTV are dependent on your wifi connection, which can be pretty bad in the Campo where I live, which is why I mainly use Intelsat for live TV, (limited channels, but very reliable). But, for films or box sets I would use either the Kodi box or a torrent site to download them.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Light blue touch paper and wait for markwilding to throw his tuppence worth, err expert opinion in.

Yes I player works. But then when you want to watch another channel you have to close it and load another app, eg all4 or it player etc. Personally I find that a pain in the a.. Sure I player has its place in you TV viewing app *beep*.

Most people simply want easy to use reliable streams with an epg. I find most of the free apps like tvtap or mobdro aren't actually very reliable, and of course no epg.

After trying many alternatives I've settled on transponder.tv. Right now it's viewed via a browser, for example chrome on a vanilla android box, but you still get full screen TV. Has all the terrestrial channels you are used to along with a comprehensive epg. There is an app in development. Just as easy to use as the humax box used to be. All for the princely sum of £6.50 per month and it works like a charm, the only time in 2months we've lost TV has been due to (rare) Internet failure. So their streams aren't UHD, but then nor is my TV or campo Internet connection.

Try their free trail you may be pleasantly surprised how well it works for you.

TV player is also pretty good, but less channels, and more than a fair chance that access will be disabled as they wise up to vpn server addresses or dns redirection servers.
Regards

Bob

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Why would the forum change a-r-s-e-n-a-l, which isn't rude to *beep*?
Regards

Bob