Now tv poor picture..

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
suzyq
Andalucia.com Amigo

Now tv poor picture..

Postby suzyq » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:04 pm

I have a now tv box, smart dns, and a fairly consistent 13 download on movistar. I have the now tv entertainment package.Picture quality is fine on the various players ( bbc,itv,all4, and 5.)However the quality of picture on any of the sky product has become very poor. Any ideas appreciated.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: Now tv poor picture..

Postby firsttango » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Maybe a temporary glitch on Sky servers, how long have you had the problem. My first thing if you haven't already done so would be to unplug the box from mains and leave for a minute then plug in and let it reboot and see if that clears it.
plus read a similar problem and solution here
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-S ... d-p/457883

suzyq
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby suzyq » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Never had problem on my UK box . Problem in Spain seems to have been in past few days. No problems on BBC etc but everything on the sky entertainment package has become unwatchable. Tried pulling plugs etc, checking updates but still hopeless.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Maybe run your problem by Smart DNS support see if they can help....they may suggest you use a different set of DNS numbers. Also hope that someone here subscribes to the SKY Package you have and can tell you if they have a problem like yours or not

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:52 pm

A friend had problems with Sky Sports for a while. I seem to remember he had to change from a VPN to SmartyDNS.