What's the latest, best, 'phone line deal?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Trooperman
Resident

What's the latest, best, 'phone line deal?

Postby Trooperman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:18 pm

As it says in the Subject heading: what is the best 'phone line deal at the moment.

All I want is an internet connection and, for example, Movistar wants to sell me a fibre optic internet/ phone line, "free" phone calls and all the razzamataz that I don't need for 52 euros per month (excluding cuoto de linea).

Admittedly, that's reduced to 15 euros a month for the first year but, as a simple soul, all I want is access to the internet for my TV: I use my mobile for calls.

What's the favourite amongst you guys out there?
nil illegitimum carborundum

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: What's the latest, best, 'phone line deal?

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:59 pm

My favourite is exactly what you have just described. I have been with Telefónica/Movistar for years and have never considered changing.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Was just offered an orange deal but again cheap to start with then increases. The problem was you had to have the full package. I only need internet because everything else is sorted.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Costakid: I only need internet because everything else is sorted.

So what do you have now?
nil illegitimum carborundum

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:22 pm

I share my neighbours WIFI as he has fusion and its lightning quick. He may be moving soon so then I will have to get my own contract.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:16 am

I went with Olivenet as they have a 100Mb Fibre internet and nothing else added for €19.90/mes. Seems to be ok with all 'phones and my laptop surfing simultaneously. The only pizza-wheel-wait of annoyance was with the other Lenovo on iplayer but I connected it up to the modem-router using an RJ45 cable and that problem went. No other items to report and they got in touch, installed etc pretty quickly. The only issue is if they can provide at your address.