Communal Wifi in apartment block

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

Communal Wifi in apartment block

Postby fyfin » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:11 pm

We have a building with 31 apartments and communal wifi has been mentioned. Has anyone any experience of this?

It looks like we might have fibre optic soon via Plusnet.es but top download speed of 100mps . I have thought about repeaters but not sure if there is some other way.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

fincalospinos
Resident

Re: Communal Wifi in apartment block

Postby fincalospinos » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:48 am

What normaly happens with an apartment block is that one or more providers fit Fibre optic boxes into the block, usualy in a communal area where telecoms or electric meters are housed.
It is then up to the individual apartment owner to arrange to have the fibre optic wired into their apartment. Fibre optic is very fast, and does provide speeds not available with other systems.

Of course, this is only possible where Fibre optic is available.
I am sure that other contributers will have information on other systems.
Hardworking resident !!

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Communal Wifi in apartment block

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:21 pm

We had this system, provided by Orange at my last address in Gran Canaria, €49.00 euros per month for unlimited wifi access + unlimited msm's + 200 mins talk time, I now live in a different apartment and use a mobile wifi system again provided by Orange.