Homeland on catch-up

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Homeland on catch-up

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Weirdly my LG TV is not allowing me to watch Homeland on the CH4 app as it is 'not available in my location'. However, everything else on the app plays as normal, it is only Homeland that doesn't work. I've cleared the cookies on the TV and the CH4 app has just updated, but nothing has changed. I can watch it OK on my PC via the channel4.com website. I guess it's just a strange glitch on my TV :( I know sometimes there's no logical reason why these things happen :crazy:

northandsouth
Resident

Re: Homeland on catch-up

Postby northandsouth » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:09 pm

Just tried it on Samsung smart TV and on my amazon fire box, both working fine.

I've had the same thing some times, even had similar random issues in the UK

Aunty Val
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Aunty Val » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:29 pm

The LG TV may be on Spanish time and C4 have picked that up. Change the time zone back to GMT or more correctly BST and it should avoid the problem. It happened to us on our Firestick which was showing GMT +1 and whilst we had the VPN on, C4 picked up on it...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:58 pm

Wicksey wrote:Weirdly my LG TV is not allowing me to watch Homeland on the CH4 app as it is 'not available in my location'. However, everything else on the app plays as normal, it is only Homeland that doesn't work. I've cleared the cookies on the TV and the CH4 app has just updated, but nothing has changed. I can watch it OK on my PC via the channel4.com website. I guess it's just a strange glitch on my TV :( I know sometimes there's no logical reason why these things happen :crazy:
I can tell you whats happening will Carrie as we are right up to date with Homeland. HA HA

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:10 am

Aunty Val wrote:The LG TV may be on Spanish time and C4 have picked that up. Change the time zone back to GMT or more correctly BST and it should avoid the problem. It happened to us on our Firestick which was showing GMT +1 and whilst we had the VPN on, C4 picked up on it...
All the other CH4 programmes play OK though on the TV app, it's only Homeland. I can give it a go but otherwise may be able to cast it from my laptop to the TV which has screenshare as the PC is not so comfortable to watch it on.

Costakid ...... :shh: .... :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Aunty Val wrote:The LG TV may be on Spanish time and C4 have picked that up. Change the time zone back to GMT or more correctly BST and it should avoid the problem. It happened to us on our Firestick which was showing GMT +1 and whilst we had the VPN on, C4 picked up on it...
Amazingly that worked :thumbup: Why it only affected Homeland and not the rest of the programmes on the app we'll never know ..... so thanks for that tip :clap:

brimsham
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brimsham » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:01 am

Just tried Ch4 app on my Samsung and it failed. Changed to Uk time and bingo, many thanks for the tip.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:19 pm

Just started watching homeland from the beginning (about 11 years to late i know!) Half way through the second series. Its pretty good.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:14 am

I feel that this last and final series is a bit contrived. The earlier series were far more complex and gripping I think, but still a reasonable programme to watch in these days when there seems to be little else on some evenings. We need it on catch-up as we need the sub-titles (plus it cuts out the adverts).

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:18 am

A few episodes into series three and its dragging abit. Abit daft with brody in venezuela and carrie been put in the mental home as a set up to get the otherside to get her to turn? Think thats what it is. Agree the sound is pretty bad sometimes alot of mumbling. Whether ill keep watching it i dont know. Clair danes character is very annoying!

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby SpanishBlue » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:11 pm

My advice would be to stick with it. Admittedly I am biased as I think it's a superb programme overall, although during the course of it's 8 seasons there are certainly a few average episodes here and there. If you enjoyed the 1st two seasons, it's definitely worth persevering with as there are some great seasons ahead. If you didn't, it's clearly not your cup and tea, and you would be best giving up now and find something else more to your taste.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:43 am

Tried it on TVMucho, it airplays OK direct onto my Smart LG TV or through Apple TV. :thumbup:

terry